Where can i find the owner of a derelict house

Finlandia

Hi

I hope this is in the right section, I was wondering if anyone knew where you could find the details of owners for houses that are boarded up or even derilict, i have looked at the landregistry website but not having much luck, any ideas would be great thanks

Not sure if this will help you, but local authorities are legally obliged to take action to get derelict sites fixed up - see [broken link removed] for example.

You should be able to find the owner on the land registry site. You need to use the map to identify the particular folio, then it costs about €2.50 to view the details of a folio. You may need to set up an account in order to do either or both of those steps.

Have you tried asking the neighbours - particularly farmers. They usually know the history of the area.
Browtal

Last edited:
Finlandia,
The PRAI has limited options for doing searches bar going down to their office and doing it your self, another option, I have used before is landregistryireland.com
Instructions are given on how to identify any house or field on the ordnance survey website and this is used to find the owner. good service. more expensive than the prai but all done by email. Shane

Land Registry will point you to who owns the land but maybe not the buildings on it. Check out the local authority list of derilict buildings they are obliged to keep one.

Back