Where can I find part time courses in management?

colly

I've been working in IT sales for about 4 years and my career is going very well so far. My aim is to get into sales management - but the old story is that unless you have experience it's very difficult to get your foot in the door. I am doing a number of things with my manager internally, but I would like to consider doing some type of course externally in a management related subject. Hopefully the company may pay for it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to look for appropriate courses etc?

Thanks

The OU has a great course - Professional Certificate in Mgt. It's 12 months, comes with all materials and tutorials every 4/5 weeks. More importantly, it offers progression should you want it towards a PG Dip in Mgt and then onto Part 2 of the MBA or MBA Technology.

If your employers are going to pay - well and good, but this course is recognised by FAS for One Step Up funding for 70% of the fees if they baulk at the fees.

I'd compare and contrast all the options and really check what you are getting for your money.

http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/bin/p12.dll?C01iB615

I've been working in IT sales for about 4 years and my career is going very well so far. My aim is to get into sales management - but the old story is that unless you have experience it's very difficult to get your foot in the door. I am doing a number of things with my manager internally, but I would like to consider doing some type of course externally in a management related subject. Hopefully the company may pay for it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to look for appropriate courses etc?

Thanks

Both are fas funded to 70%

[broken link removed]

I'm on the dit one, its cheaper than the ucd one and is more practical in nature, thats why I decide on it.

FAS also does an introductory course in front line management and another year-long certificate in Supervisory Management. They are on offer all over Dublin City, and are funded, normally run in the evening and ILM accredited. HTH

Back