Where can I find a PIP?

music

Dear all, I would be very grateful for some information.
An extended family member has extensive buy to let debts and is effectively insolvent. His debts are owed to two banks and repossession is imminent with one of them- however even after repossession and sale this will not come close to clearing his debt with that bank. He is considering bankruptcy in the UK. However he would like to discuss the whole situation with a PIP in Ireland to see if it would be better to work through the dilemma in Ireland.
Where can he find a PIP to look at his case?
So far he has been dealing with the banks by himself but it is getting very stressful.

Also when will the new insolvency process in Ireland really start for people in distress like this? and when it starts will it all be a huge influx and a fair bit of chaos like when that organisation started looking after student grants and were overwhelmed with the volume of requests.? I would be very grateful if you could provide any advice or contacts.

Hi music

No PIP has yet been authorised by the Insolvency Service however the authorisations are expected to be given at the end of June Grant Thornton are preparing to offer these services and as I understand it would be happy to discuss your case with you and begin to collate information. They will not however be able to engage formally until the Insolvency Service provides authorisationTheir website is
www.gtdebtsolutions.ie

Brendan

PIP list will be published [broken link removed] when available - which is supposed to be in early June !

I know several professional advisors are doing PIA courses at the moment to get accredited, and I beleive some people have mentioned a few businesses on here (on top of GT mentioned by Brendan) such as frost.ie (I think), Hughes Blake (another accounting firm) and numerous others.

Thank you all for your help. Does anyone know when the Insolvency Services are really going to start processing cases? It was supposed to be mid June wasn't it?
Music

AFAIK, no start date announced. Am sure the press/web will
Cover this when it starts.

Thank you all for your help. Does anyone know when the Insolvency Services are really going to start processing cases? It was supposed to be mid June wasn't it?
Music
.................................................................................................

I would think there will be a Tsunami of people looking to use the service when it is up and running. I would advise you to get some groundwork done now, What I understand is that a PiP or lender would need circa 6 months in a Debt Management review before they take the drastic pip route.
I have sent people for advice to Frost Debt Maanagement. 0749364000 and have a chat with them.
I have found them helpful, please let me know how you get on.

Good Luck.
Salmon.

Yes, a completely meaningless anonymous comment. It doesn't make any sense at all. Apart from anything else, PIPs are the intermediary and not the scheme.

Back