When's the last time you sent a FAX?

fizzelina

Hey guys,
Do people still send a fax? Or is it all e-mail / scanned documents via e-mail.....Curious to know if people still fax, our office here doesn't even have a fax machine!

Yesterday!
We use them all at the time at work still...deal with a lot of older business people who just prefer. I've been slowly converting my boss for years to email but he still wants to use fax.

10 minutes ago. Still important and popular for a few reasons as far as we're concerned - e.g. when a signature is required, faxing PODs etc

I know, but it takes longer. Doesn't always work out anyway - e.g. we have a form that we very regularly send to customers - it requires a signature and then to be returned. Far easier to fax than scan, mail, print, sign, re-scan, mail.

We still use it. My boss will not scan certain documents due to the sensistive nature of the contents. As far as she's concerned once something it's on email it can end up in anyones inbox.

Every day. It's faster then scanning and emailing a document and you don't have to worry about any firewall issues stopping attachments

Every day. It's faster then scanning and emailing a document and you don't have to worry about any firewall issues stopping attachments

I work in I.T. Dept and that is the reason we still use fax despite having access to scanning.
However, scanning the document is growing in popularity as scanning machines improve.

Rarely use fax now, outgoing faxes would be way less than incoming ones. Scan and email is the way for most of our stuff now.

We all have our own personal fax number, so if someone sends you a fax, it sits in a folder in your inbox until you look at it and print it down or whatever. Likewise we can send faxes from our computer too.

The only thing our fax does now is to get holiday offers etc. Other than that it would be gathering dust.

We use to get those holiday offers but not for years now. Have to say the scanner gets used a lot more but the fax is staying.

I am just laughing at those holiday faxes. How do you stop them. It says you can but I tried and they just keep coming through.

I still help out my old boss and went into the office the other evening. There was about 20 pages of those holiday offers and nothing else on the fax.

We still use them as most branches dont have scanners. I doubt they will be purchasing scanners for all branches at the moment too so I suppose they are staying.

I just rang AIB card services as I wanted to cc them on an email. Setanta have set up an ongoing payment instruction on my card without my authorisation.
Apparently, AIB credit cards do not have an email address. Everything has to go by fax!! I now have to send an email to cancel my Setanta outlining they do not have my authorisation to take the payment, print off a copy of the email and fax it to AIB with a covering note.
In this day and age that's just stupid and backward.

We are a small construction company and our office is in our spare room. Every four months or so, we are woken up by the fax machine at 3.00am (always on a weekend) as it spits out special offers from a scaffolding company!

I have faxed back telling them to cease and desist but no joy! I know I could unplug the fax at weekends but it is also used as our second phone so I'd rather not.

Get creative. Get a mobile or home number for the scaffolders, and phone them when a fax arrives.

Back