When will the recent ECB interest increase take effect?

Paulk

Last month, the ECB announced that it was increasing the interest rate by .25%. When will this impact on tracker mortgage customers?

It's up to each bank.

I'd say it has taken affect already in all banks.

My NIB tracker mortgage rate has already increased.

AIB increased interest charged with effect from 20th of April (7 days after the ECB change I think)

I'm with KBC and my mortgage went out this morning. Rate increase had not been applied.

Im also with KBC, and they sent me a letter to say it will be increased on my June repayment..

The date at which your payment increases probably won't be the date from which the higher interest rate is applied (which is the important part), I'd be surprised if the higher interest rate wasn't being applied to every tracker by now. There's definitely a clause in my contract setting out how quickly the tracker rate changes following an ECB change.

I am with Bank of Scotland Ireland and I haven't been informed of interest rate increase. I am on a price promise thing and currently have rate of 2.75% . Anyone from Bank of Scotland Ireland hear from them?

PTSB has increased the rate from April 18th as well

Funny that. I just checked my online bank and the rates increased alright with PTSB but I got no letter from them. They normally write & tell you of changes.

My NIB mortgage shows 1.75% under the Terms tab at the moment, that's ECB 1.25% plus 0.5% margin.

I am with Bank of Scotland Ireland and I haven't been informed of interest rate increase. I am on a price promise thing and currently have rate of 2.75% . Anyone from Bank of Scotland Ireland hear from them?

I`m on the same at a rate of 2.4% and havent heard anything yet. Mortgage went out yesterday without an increase.

Back