When are P60s issued? ie what time/month?

tester1

Need to complete my Med1 form.
Need P60 for details on same, wondering when this is issued?

I generally get min mid February; however last year I used my final 2008 pay-slip as evidence of earnings. This will only work if you were in the same job for the year though.

Think we are all trying to get money to stretch that bit further.

I had to get extensive work done on my teeth. Can i claim this as well? I didnt get route canal and because i was in college for 4 years i hadnt enough PRSI contributions. Really annoyed me!

Think tax offices will be very busy issuing tax relief cheques - perhaps it might be a good idea for the govt dept to transfer some of their workforce to these departments.

I had to get extensive work done on my teeth. Can i claim this as well? I didnt get route canal and because i was in college for 4 years i hadnt enough PRSI contributions. Really annoyed me!

If the work qualifies under "Med 2" ( dentist issues this to you ) then you can claim on it at 20% subject to having sufficient tax paid to refund.

Once an employer is using in house payroll software the P60 can be printed with the week 52/53 or month 12 payslip. Therefore there should normally be no delay in issuing them. If the employer is using out of house payroll providers it may take longer as they may do the end of year routine/P-35s anytime in the period up to 15th Feb. Some government departments have, in the past, been quite slow in issuing P60s. I seem to remember some teachers posting this time last year and it was well past the official deadline before they got them.

I got mine yesterday and submitted my MED1 claim online last night.

I was interested to note that despite writing down the instructions of how to do the claim online for myself last year (for 2008 claim) and discovering that how to do it had changed from the previous year (for 2007 claim), that yet again the procedure to do it and the website have changed slightly this time round (for 2009 claim) - Im glad the government have money to waste on changing the method and website every year, making it confusing for users to make their claim.

I did of course persevere and make my claim, no matter how much they change it or make it confusing I would not let it put me off making my claim (Im quite sure its purposely changed so often to make it less easy for people to use).

Back