Wheelchair user travelling to UK

olddoll

I will be travelling to the U.K. with a wheelchair user. We will be travelling by Aer Lingus. I advised Aer Lingus when booking flights so that is okay, but I would like to make going through Security and up to departures as smooth as possible. I think the DAA can offer some assistance but I couldn't find anything on their website.

I would appreciate any advice anybody may have to offer on this. Also, any advice on returning through Heathrow would be much appreciated.

Many thanks and best wishes

I think this is what you aree looking for.
http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/reduced-mobility.aspx

Travelling through the airport frequently, the OCS people are visible and it isn't at all unusual to see people in wheelchairs at the airport. The staff seem friendly, helpful and considerate and from what I have seen the service seems good. Aer Lingus will communicate your information to them but no harm giving them a call to find out for yourself the best way to go.

The details for Heathrow are here [broken link removed]

Getting to the loo on the plane can be very difficult, so you might like to adjust your fluid intake to try to avoid this.

Many thanks for your helpful advice. I looked at suggested website and I will contact them.

Is it straightforward on the return journey through Heathrow? My friend's mobility is very poor and she will be using her own wheelchair.

The suggestion to reduce fluids will be kept in mind.

Best wishes

Back