Whats the worst gig you've ever seen/been to?

We went to see David Bowie. It must have been 1995. Can't remember where. It was so boring. Morrissey supported him and was far better.
We were newly married and skint and we'd paid fifty pounds for the tickets. What a waste of money.

Ah damn... I'm travelling to Belfast to see them too... rage!

Well SB - was it any good then?

We went to see David Bowie. It must have been 1995. Can't remember where. It was so boring. Morrissey supported him and was far better.
We were newly married and skint and we'd paid fifty pounds for the tickets. What a waste of money.

Saw Bowie on the same tour - thought it was fantastic myself.

Mind you if you hadn't bought Black Tie White Noise or Outside a lot of the material may have been unfamiliar.

However, saw him in 1987 too (Glass Spider) - now that was crap.

Snow Patrol was alright... some good bits, some bad. I thought it may have been just me, I was wrecked after the drive to Belfast.. then went to the pub early to watch the match. With my beer goggles on, Gary looked gorgeous..

I also saw Russell Brands twin who seemed equally as annoying as the original.

However, saw him in 1987 too (Glass Spider) - now that was crap.[/quote]

Damn! - was hoping no-one would've posted this before me!!
This concert was 100% brutal...apart from Big Country I seem to remember :confused:... Bowie was soo bad I've never returned to Slane..

i saw east 17 in cork a few months back, sweet This post will be deleted if not edited immediately they were WOEFUL they were 3 hours late and then came on and gave out about the "sound". i dotn know why i was there at all really!

Oasis in The Point about 95/96

They walked on stage and begun to play, no hello or anything. Then said they would walk off if anyone threw up any teddies or anything else onto the stage. Complete muppets and a waste of money.

Only went to bring my younger sister, it was her 1st "proper" gig and i was just disgusted.

Yeah, though I was working at the gig rather than a paying punter. It seemed to go down well from my pov (under the stage!).

I'm a huge Bowie fan* - I suppose in fairness it wasn't that the gig was so bad as such - I just felt it was a watered down, synthy, cheesy, chorus-line version of the greatness he is capable of I suppose.
But then it was 1987.

*That means I am very much a fan BTW - not that I am a fan who happens to be 7' tall and 30 stone.

I'm a huge Bowie fan* - I suppose in fairness it wasn't that the gig was so bad as such - I just felt it was a watered down, synthy, cheesy, chorus-line version of the greatness he is capable of I suppose.
But then it was 1987.

*That means I am very much a fan BTW - not that I am a fan who happens to be 7' tall and 30 stone.
Did you see him at the Point 2-3 years ago? Super show, amazing back catalogue to draw from.

I did indeed - and have the DVD - the official tour DVD was culled from the two Point shows, well worth getting if you don't have it. I've seen him quite a few times and I thought this was his best gig.

Don't think he is doing much at the moment studio or gig wise since his heart problem.

Back