What's the quickest timeframe a letter can get to america

paddi22

Was hoping to send a letter across to America but it needs to get there by June 2nd. Is there any chance of using a swift post service to do this in time? Anyone know the average time it would take?

Have you checked An Post's website for details of their expedited services?!

Alternatively you could try the likes of Fedex, DHL etc.

Obviously expedited delivery will probably cost you compared to regular air mail or whatever.

Cheers, I had a look at their website but it doesn't seem to give even a rough idea of how long it might take. It is difficult for me to get to a Post Office tomorrow to ask, and i can't afford timewise to make the journey unless there's a definite chance it can get there before the 2nd June - so I was hoping someone might have experience of it.

America is a big place, might want to narrow it down a little. FWIW I recently posted forms to a client in NY , they received them and posted them back to me within a week.

I posted a letter to America recently and it got there within 3 or 4 days but the letter previous to that took a month !! Funny thing I posted it in my local place and when the person got it, the postmark was 3 weeks later than when I posted it so I guess it was stuck someplace and suddenly surfaced and went on its way.

Back