What's the point of Postbank? (An Post-Fortis joint venture)

The lack of a current account facility and ATM cards has also put me off opening an account. As per my previous post, if the reason for postbank is to attract business to post offices, it makes no sense if the services aren't actually available! The opening/launch should have been delayed until such products were widely available. Anyone know how many people have actually opened accounts?

Any update on this aonfocaleile? I am interested in opening an account but 2 criteria I would have are current account access (including EFT) and branch availability. Has your experience changed?

Hi all,
I was talking to a Postbanc staff member last weekend and she said that the CA will be launched in May. I had more questions regarding it that day but the PO was closed 1/2 day that Saturday.
That previous head of An Post was stupid to run the network into the ground, I think Primetime/ Primetime Investigates did a report about that guy, seemed to be pal of Bertie's and more dooge besides. Postbanc should be rolled out across the network it would make such sense and have it as a local level style bank to communities (or to whats left of the network).

Ádh Mhór,
Fi.

I've noticed they've launched their current account now. As regards ATM use, can it be assumed that their card can be used in all irish ATMs seeing as they dont have their own network of machines?

Back