What's The Most Ridiculous Ad Slogan On TV/Radio?

We buy any car......dot com....any, any any any, we buy any car.....dot com, we buy any car...dot com

There was an ad recently for some anti-ageing cream and the tag-line was 'surgery can wait'; which I think is pathetic. Also, the hand-free liquid soap dispenser - the top may contain hundreds (no less, oh my) of bacteria - is just nonsense.

Also, the hand-free liquid soap dispenser - the top may contain hundreds (no less, oh my) of bacteria - is just nonsense.

Oh that one is just ridiculous - arent you about to wash your germy hands?

What about the hand that touched the tap? Was that not germy? Or the hand that put the towel out?

Personally its the continuous iteration of TV licence ads that bug me the most. The current one is bottom of the barrel though - comparing forgetting to buy a lotto ticket which had all six numbers to forgetting to by a TV licence. Off the wall.

That one, I think it's for directory enquiries with the whiney eddie hobbs impersonator. :mad:

Bad enough having to listen to the real one without an impersonator as well.

There an advert about a website for selling cars. The girlfriend tells the boyfriend that she has snaps of the car put up. It then goes to show the pics of her dressed in a suggestive manner.

The conclusion you draw is the car will sell because of her pictures not because the website is a good site to sell your car. So the advert failed. I can't remember the site, so again the advert failed.

As well as the advert being ridiculous I found it extremely offensive.

Personally its the continuous iteration of TV licence ads that bug me the most. The current one is bottom of the barrel though - comparing forgetting to buy a lotto ticket which had all six numbers to forgetting to by a TV licence. Off the wall.

THese bug the life out of me too. We have heard all the excuses etc... but still use silly excuses like plastic surgery V licience rather than food on the table V licience! Why should the price of the TV licience not go down in a recession?

It's not a slogan but I have to rant and say how sick I am of this ad -
“Why do they keep moving things in the supermarket?? I go there to shop not play hide and seek!”
Twink's voice is soooo irritating in it, what a ridiculous ad, it does not make me want to go see that new show!

The radio ad for apache pizza is just cringeworthy.
"Apache Pizza, Happy Days!" in a so-called indian chief accent!

There's a relatively new ad on sellign a car; can't remember which make. When I saw it first it went through a list of stats which included something on the lien of; 'it (the car) is the second most popular car to make love in', then ' ...with four different women'. I now notivce that the second line is dubbed out, there is a silence in its palce. maybe i dreamt it ....? anybody else cop it?

There's a relatively new ad on sellign a car; can't remember which make. When I saw it first it went through a list of stats which included something on the lien of; 'it (the car) is the second most popular car to make love in', then ' ...with four different women'. I now notivce that the second line is dubbed out, there is a silence in its palce. maybe i dreamt it ....? anybody else cop it?

You're not dreaming - the 4 different women bit has been removed

Back