Whats the daily or hourly rate for an electrician?

Toby

Have been given a quote for a small household job from an electrician and it seems high to us.

Can anyone tell me what the average hourly or half daily rate for an electrician in Dublin would be please.

Its a cash job BTW.

Thanks

€40+vat per hour if its a small job only an hour or so they could be charging a call out fee which could be another €40+vat so for the first hour you could be talking €80+vat, if it takes a day most lads charge €200/€250 a day.

I got a lot of work carried out (two yeas ago) by an electrician. The way he priced it was per item, as opposed to per hour.

He charged €30 for a small job (e.g. adding a socket - no chasing of walls involved), €50 for a medium job (e.g. testing our fusebox which was giving trouble), and €80 for a bigger job.

I have gotten an "acquaintance" to change a heating timer switch (there is one already there j, just was broken) and he told me that the normal rate that I would be charged for this would be E100 plus the cost of the switch. I find this very hard to believe as it only took him about 30mins or less to do this. Can anyone verify this?

I have a similar electrician to record. Depending on the type of job you have on you should see if it would be cheaper to shop around and see if you could get an electrician like this.

The work is already done and I was discussing his charges, he is justifying his charge (of 150 for 3 hours work) saying that if I had gotten an technician out to do the timer swicth replacement they would have charged E100 for the labour alone on that. He also put up a shower pane on my bath and did a bit of sealing around the bath - was just wondering is he overcharging me slightly or is this normal

Sounds very expensive to change a timer switch and I don't believe the call out charge piece. Electricians are crying out for business at present. He did other work for you also that would not normally be in the remit of an electrician so I'd let it go on this occasion and if you need an electrician again shop around.

€40+vat per hour if its a small job only an hour or so they could be charging a call out fee which could be another €40+vat so for the first hour you could be talking €80+vat, if it takes a day most lads charge €200/€250 a day.
they are Celtic Tiger prices your quoting there. i met a friend of mine , an electrician, yesterday he is now working for a clamping co, wearing a STAB vest, earning €10 an hour, shift work nights, just to keep his head above water.
the day of €40+vat are long gone,
and as for €100 to change a heating switch, you should have taken a photo of that guy for the crime line show :D

Back