Whats involved in DCC house survey?

Congrats Maxol, delighted for ya..How did u pull that off lol..when reading your last post I thought all was lost for ya.
I'm still waiting on sureveyors report, its a joke. He did it 3 weeks ago tomorrow and still no report. Estate Agent has been ringing me asking what the story was, I've been on to DCC and they just keep saying 'it should be any day now', talk about stringing things out..its getting to the point where I want to walk away..hopefully i'll hear something in the next few days. It's the waiting that gets me..
Congrats again Maxol..

Simon

Hi Simon,

Just wanted to give you a heads up about the 4-6 weeks that DCC told you you would be getting your keys. Don't get your hopes up. It was 10 months before I got into my place and the biggest delay was getting the surveyor out, he took over 3 months to get out to it. DCC are so inefficient, it's a joke.

Well I got my final approval cert this morning.. chuffed. The survey wasnt to too bad, everything that was in it, I expected. Now I have to get a Plumber and Electricians report done. I have friends that are qualified plumbers and electricians and they said they'd do the report for me. The thing is they all work for companies. When I rang DCC and asked about how the report is written the chap said it should be on headed paper or have some kind of a stamp. But as I said before my friends dont have their own companies they work for other companies..
Anyone any advice on what they did or who they used....

Thanks in advance,

Simon

Back