Tinned tomatoes
Recycled toilet paper
Quelle sparkling water
Beckerich still water
W5 dishwasher powder
Pistachio nuts
Shortbread biscuits
Basmati rice
Jars of stuffed olives (both garlic and almond versions are good)
Balsamic vinegar
Olive oil

Aldi good stuff:
Bordeaux white wine
Badger's creek red wine
Pasta
Tinned tomatoes
Parmesan cheese
Finest potato crisps (handbaked) plain salted is best flavour
Frozen battered or breadcrumbed haddock fillets
Jars of olives
Frozen pizza with creme fraiche (as mentioned in above post) is quite nice

What's NOT good at LIDL:
The cheapest ice-cream is nasty, though the more expensive ice-cream is pretty good
The ground coffee is really acidic tasting (I really like Tesco's own brand ground coffee - original blend in white and red packaging, NOT the tesco value stuff tho - and it's cheaper than LIDL's own brand)

Stopped buying their washing detergents as I found my gym gear still smelled after the wash.

Aldi do an aromatic duck with pancakes that you cook straight from the freezer. It's €5.99 and only takes half an hour to do and is yummy!! Local takeaway is €17!

most of the food it good in lidl,i shop in lidl once a week.find the veg great value but the managers attention to detail on the furit is blahhhh.
My kids love fruit so i now shop in the local fruit shop for that.yesterday lidl had mushy watermelon and strawberrys with fur coats.i bought lasagne the other week.17th(expire date 22july)2 days after i bought it it was showing green spots :( love the popcorn.but havent beentempted to try the wine.

yup.called lidl and told them.the lady i spoke to was lovely.i took it with me and was offered exchange or refund. they are great when it comes to things like that.1st time i have had to return an item.the lasagne is really good and great value.guess i just got unlucky.

Yes and the fur wearing strawberrries seem to put in an appearance at most supermarkets too.

Can't recommend Lidl plastic storage containers , you can peel off the label but the sticky glue left behind is the devils own work to remove .
pjq

The smoked ham and frozen haddock are yummy. As are most of the fruit and veg. I've returned mouldy bread with no hassle.

Mr Sheen or most furniture polish sprayed on and left on for a few minutes removes the sticky label too.

try the ostrich in aldi absolutlely the business . you get 4 medallions for something like just over €5 . it tastes like fillet steak and even nearly more tender. will be getting it again. also the sea bass is great and the striploin , fillet and ribeye steaks are great

They can be found in the frozen section beside (new) Venison burgers

Thanks Ronan.

Ostrich? venison? is there no end to their merciless campaign to entice the still reluctant sections of the middles classes :)

Thanks Ronan.

Ostrich? venison? is there no end to their merciless campaign to entice the still reluctant sections of the middles classes :)

I've been shopping in Aldi for a good few years now and i've noticed that they have changed their product range to suit the market and the market has taken to it. I cant get over how busy my local Aldi is getting and most of the people shopping in it look like they have been recently converted from Tesco, Dunnes & Superquinn.

Back