What type of money adviser to contact

whytis

My mother is having trouble with covering mortgages of investment properties where the rent isn't covering the cost of the mortgages. There are further complications with my parent's separation.

In addition to MABS, what type of financial adviser could she look for for, say, a couple of hours' consultation?

The National Consumer Agency has information online, but with the Central Bank's registrar search they point to, I can't seem to figure out who to search for.

So, is it an accountant that might offer this kind of per-hour consultation? Or another type of money adviser? Basically, I would want her to talk with somebody who is being paid by the hour, rather than someone who is looking to sell financial products.

An accountant who is impartial may be the best person to talk with.

In addition to MABS, what type of financial adviser could she look for for, say, a couple of hours' consultation?

For someone in financial difficulty how is she going to be able to afford financial advice that may or may not be any good. What is wrong with MABS. Or you could post more of the details on here and get impartial free advice.

Be aware that it is not always easy to get good advice even if you pay for it. There are plenty of con artists out there.

Back