What title deeds are necessary for an apartment in a multi-unit block

elcato

So my deeds will soon be sent to me by my bank for an apartment once mortgage is cleared. Are these as important as house deeds given that they come with a 500 year lease and do not constitute the 'land' of the individual apartment ? Are some or any difficult to replace if lost/burnt ?

If you can bear to wade through this post, it will give you a good idea.

And yes, Deeds to any property are important- it's not just Title Deeds but all the planning paperwork also, all of which are hard to replicate.

The only properties that have little or no Title Deeds ( of which there are very few) are properties that are registered freehold title, built before 1963, no works ever carried out so no planning issues and occupied exclusively by a now quite elderly person who never married- so no Family Law issues.

mf

And yes, Deeds to any property are important- it's not just Title Deeds but all the planning paperwork also, all of which are hard to replicate.
I accept the importance alright but surely an apartment would only have a one pager as there is no planning issues.

No- there's no such thing as a one liner/pager anything with planning!

There'll be the original planning permission for construction- may or may not be available online depending on when the block was constructed.
There there are the receipts for financial contributions- and , again, as above.

Then there'll be the original Architect's Opinions on Compliance with Planning and Building Regulations. Almost impossible to re-constitute.

mf

Back