What time to check in for Newark flight?

Bgirl

Flying to Newark at 9am on a Tuesday morning. What time should we be at airport to do bag drop and pick up boarding cards if we have already done OLCI. This particular flight does not let you print your boarding cards you pick them up at bag drop. Thanks.

I'd give it one and a half to two hours as you have to get through security and US immigration too. Early morning can be busy at search unit.

Mmmm If you are flying Continental you will clear US Immigration at Dublin and I would check-in at least 2hrs before the flight to allow for screening , security , completion of forms and Immigration - you are going to need all of that time - get there earlier if you can.

Is that for definite that we clear in Dublin. As far as I was aware we'd clear in Newark. That would be great if this is indeed the case.

I have travelled Continental to Newark many times and always cleared at Dublin with one exception about 4 years ago had a delay until 5pm and Immigration at Dublin had closed so cleared at Newark that day.
If you need clarification try calling DAA on 01-8144717.

Thanks for that. Would make the trip a whole lot easier if we clear in Dublin as we have a very short connection in Newark.

Newark is very easy to transit and if your onward flight is with Continental they will give you boarding passes for it at Dublin and tag your bags to your final destination , although you will have to pick them up at Newark and walk through US Customs with them (trollies are free and plentiful) and drop them off for connecting flights but its a very simple process , then just proceed direct to the departure gate.

The first Continental ( 9 am ?) clears in Dublin and the second (11 am ? )in Newark.
This was the case upto last year anyway.

Back