What time do you get up in the mornings?

Myself and Mrs C. are up at 7.15 each morning and by the time we shower, have breakfast and take care of junior it's 8.30 before we leave the house. I can walk to work and am at base by 8.50; my wife drives and gets to work by 9.00.

Kramer said:
How long does anyone need in the shower? I would probably spend less than 5 minutes in the shower in the morning.... Plenty of time to soap and rinse!!!

Exactly Kramer - I can never figure out what the hell people are doing in the shower for 20+ minutes - and that even after watching all those videos! Do they have extra bits that the rest of us don't have? I mean how much dirt can they accumulate in 1 day?

Roy

6.30 Turn off alarm
6.35 Bath
6.40 Dry Hair/Dress/Make bed
7.00 Tea/Cereal/Makeup
7.35 De-frost car
7.40 Make sure got keys/money etc etc
7.45 Leave arrive work 8.30 ish

Glad I am not the only one who found it hard to get up this morning.
I agree with Lauren - blokes have it easy on getting ready front. Makeup/hair such a chore every morning

Up at 8am ... kids up at crack of dawn ... hubby at 8.15.
Breakfast together until about 8.40am.
Load dishwasher/tidy kitchen make lunches for kids.
Hubby leaves at 8.55 ... for 9am work.
Out the door at 9.18 for 9.20 school start ... except in good weather we stroll to school and leave at 9am.

onekeano said:
Exactly Kramer - I can never figure out what the hell people are doing in the shower for 20+ minutes - and that even after watching all those videos! Do they have extra bits that the rest of us don't have? I mean how much dirt can they accumulate in 1 day?

Roy
As the guy who got caught playing with himself said to his wife, "I'll wash it as fast as I like!!"

Like Frando I'm retired, but used to get up at 6.00 out for 6.30 at the desk at 7.00 and firing up the computer to see what messages had come in from Headquarters back in UK. Had to be in early as there was a 5 hour time difference between Trinidad and UK. Usually got away from work by 7.00 pm.

BlueSpud said:
I would love to be able to shower/shave/dress/etc in 10 minutes..........

Out of bed 6:05, out the door by 6:30 after the 4s's & have cereal & coffee at work

I'm aware of 3 s's.....assuming one involves the usage of a toilet, one the usage of a shower, one the usage of shaver...but my curiosity as to what the fourth one is is overwhelming...

legend99 said:
I'm aware of 3 s's.....assuming one involves the usage of a toilet, one the usage of a shower, one the usage of shaver...but my curiosity as to what the fourth one is is overwhelming...

I can think of what it might be, but I guess it would have to be a quickie in the shower :eek: .

brian.mobile said:
What time do you go to bed fella??!

B

I go to bed at about 11, sleep is for wimps :) seriously though I usually have a big sleep-in and a nap on the couch at the weekend to make up for it.

I would also like to point out that 10 mins in the shower is more than adequate to scrub the average human body :)

legend99 said:

Shag?

Murt

my2leftfeet said:
Just wondering about the average getting out of bed time for AAMers - particulary those commuting to work. Note - I'm not talking about the time you set your alarm for - the actual time you get out of bed!
Our house - 2 adults one creche going child. I get up c. 7.00am - partner 7.15/7.30am. We take turns to get child ready and drop at creche.

Up at 6.50/7.00 depending on how much I had to drink the night before. Have a portugese shower and get dressed pronto. Breakfast of 2 Weetabix; cup of tea and away to work at 7.45. In at 8.00 down the road.

Out of bed at 6am, out the door at 6.20am and in work for 6.45am.
I have a piece of fruit in the car and breakfast in work.

Up at 6.00, shower, trip over damned cat lying in doorway (3 cats who take turns tormenting us for abandoning them all day!), get dressed, out the door at 6.30, arrive in work between 7.15-7.30 then have breakfast in office.

I have found myself looking in horror at work colleagues and people I pass on the way to work wondering if they have had a shower..I can't believe the number of people who don't have a shower first thing in the morning! I could not leave the house unless I washed!

thehill said:
I'll ask ...

what's a portugese shower?
Also heard using other nationalities eg Greek, Pakistani.....
A spray of Right Guard under each arm is the extent of it

Back