What - no thread on Rule 42???

OhPinchy

Surprised theres no thread on this yet, but at this late stage I'm just gonna say I hope the GAA has the self-belief to see that temporarily lifting this ban will be seen as a sign of generosity to its rival codes, while also undermining those same codes when they have to use Croker, thus improving the GAA's overall standing. And it might earn them a few quid aswell.

Whatever your view point I'd say most people would have to agree that if a straight vote of the rank and file members of the GAA was taken, the motion would pass with the 2 3rds majority. However, the fact that a county board can mandate its delegates to vote one way, but they can vote another way if it feels like it is astonishing. How can this be construed to be democratic when some narrow minded delegate can say 'feck you and your 99% Yes vote, Im voting No'???? At least lets hope that the vote is done properly this time and in a transparent manner that will clearly identify anyone who votes against their mandate.

I have been surprised also that there has been no thread on this here. I suppose people are sick of it as it is on the papers and the tv every day.

I hope that the GAA do vote to open it, at least while Lansdowne is being redeveloped.

But it sickens me to hear politicians come on air calling for it to be opened. The very guys that have no foresight whatsoever, when the GAA had the foresight to build something ahead of when it was needed.

If the government had this foresight we would have great roads and rail, great architecture in our capital city, and less urban sprawl. I get more annoyed with politicians every day. Sher it was Berty who stopped the FAI from building Eircom Park, and it was Berty who stopped the GAA from passing this vote several years ago. He used taxpayers money to bribe them, and now everyone goes on about all the taxpayers money invested in Croke Park!
If people are so concerned about taxpayers money then why don't they get equally indignant about the nursing homes issue, or the army deafness, or the various tribunals. 110miliion is sweet FA compared to the money spent on all this b*ll*x.

Also, even if the vote is passed there are lots of other issues to be overcome - residents, floodlighting, money etc.

We are still a long long way from having soccer or rugby played in Croke Park. But it is the right thing to do to help out Irish fans of sport. I think the GAA know that.

I heard a Cork hurler or footballer (cant remember which) on radio this morning stating that he didn't want croke park opened as it would lead to "foreign" people playing there. I wonder would this be classed as discrimination on someone by their nationality.

Rule 42 amended [font=&quot]temporarily [/font]..it's the end of the world as we know it! next an Africian Pope, didn't Nostadamus warn us did we listen? not a bit of it.

But the important thing to remember is that the redevelopment of Landsdowne has to commence before the IRFU and FAI can use Croker. I wouldn't hold my breath.

shnaek said:

But it sickens me to hear politicians come on air calling for it to be opened. The very guys that have no foresight whatsoever, when the GAA had the foresight to build something ahead of when it was needed.

I could not agree with you more, particularly given it was our own Taoisacht who very kindly organised for some of our hard earned tax payers money to be used towards Croke Park ! .... amazing how the good old Government of the day did not remember to tell the GAA lads back then, the money would be conditional on Croker being a sports stadium, not just a GAA sports stadium !

If the government had this foresight we would have great roads and rail, great architecture in our capital city, and less urban sprawl. I get more annoyed with politicians every day. .....

If people are so concerned about taxpayers money then why don't they get equally indignant about the nursing homes issue, or the army deafness, or the various tribunals. 110miliion is sweet FA compared to the money spent on all this b*ll*x.

Don't get me started

My personal favorite is the way that all the dosh currently being spent on new motorways around the country still only provides for dual carraigeways in most cases, despite the fact that every fool on the face of the planet earth knows motorways need more than two lanes each direction.

If they had brains, they would be dangerous :rolleyes:

- the father of a friend of mine has a policy when it comes to election time, it does not favour any particular party, so I'll share it with you:

Who ever is in power, vote them out ... they can only mess up half as badly, if they only servce one term in power ! ;)

Cheers

G>

Bertie says on Sunday that Lansdowne is unlikely to be built and that there are other options.
Bertie says on Monday that the decision has been made - Lansdowne is the only option.
Why don't we just have a monkey as leader of the country? At least they'd have a consistant banana policy.

Joe1234 said:
I heard a Cork hurler or footballer (cant remember which) on radio this morning stating that he didn't want croke park opened as it would lead to "foreign" people playing there. I wonder would this be classed as discrimination on someone by their nationality.

I wonder was it Sean Og O Hailpin??
Its amazing the fact that the media has berated the GAA from the start of this saga deflecting the attention from the Imbeciles who run the FAI! The GAA should loan their management to the FAI to enable this episode to be got through as quickly as possible!

Back