What lighting for a vaulted ceiling?

BIK30

New build, vaulted ceiling in living room unsure what type of lighting to go for, recessed or just on single large centre light?

Neither, I think. Consider uplights (either wall-mounted or free standing) to show off your ceiling, and table lamps or task lights to create a cosy intimate atmosphere at strategic points round the room.

The vaulted ceiling has no beams showing, so I think no lighting on the ceiling would look odd as its a big living room, I am really torned between the recessed and the one centre light.

Anyone here have a vaulted ceiling and if yes what lighting would you advise to go for/not to go for?

Any advice on this appreciated......have been searching the web for pics of vaulted ceilings with modern lighting but have,nt had much luck, anyone know of any good websites re lighting?

sunroom, one light, have the fan type thing with one light

recessed lights are supposed to be draughty things as cant really insulate around them, have 15 together between hall and kitchen

I have vaulted ceiling in sun room, put in 8 recessed lights, awful nuisance when bulb blows as so high, have still not replaced one that is gone for months. Anyway worst thing is there is a draught from them, couldnt figure out where the draught was coming from when the connecting doors were closed as all pvc windows etc but it is coming from the downlighters. I have also seen some beautiful center lights since and am sorry that I didnt at least have it wired to take a center one if I wanted to put one there, far too much trouble to try and do it now.

On a recent project with a vaulted ceiling, I used light trays on either side where the wall met the ceiling. The light source evenly illuminated the ceiling to great effect.

PM me if you would like to see an image.

I've just installed recessed lights using the LED type. Energy efficient and look great.
Had same delama but decided that cobwebs and dusting would be worse than changing bulbs if they blow...!
I'm told the LED ones should last a very very long time but remains to be seen.

Led

Hi,

Can you advise what brand & model you used, I have alot of recessed lights.

Thanks,

Dgray

Have vaulted ceiling in my sunroom too and have recessed lights - very effective. Don't notice any drafts. Personally think the one central light look would be v dated looking - but depends on style of house/room I suppose.

why don't you put in both, so you can create different moods, depending on lighting requirements..leds are the wat to go as you can get warm or white light.

Back