What Landscaping Equipment do I need

Candy

I was wondering could anyone give me some advice on Landscaping, plan to do some landscaping the area is quite large first of all and we plan to do it ourselves. What equipment do we need to hire and would you know roughly the cost of hiring the equipment.
Thanks

... the area is quite large ...
How large? an acre, 600 sq.m.?
.. plan to do some landscaping ...
Very broad topic, what specifically do you plan? Is it -

• post-construction site clearance and levelling
  • planting hedges (how long)
  • re-turfing (how much)
  • flower beds
  • hard-landscaping (rockery, patio & paths, garden room / shed)
  • formal garden
  • herb / vegetable garden
... What equipment do we need to hire and would you know roughly the cost of hiring the equipment...
The area, the nature of the "landscaping" and your own abilities will dictate this - you may get by with hiring a rotovator, it might be more economical to hire a digger and driver.

Minimum will be shovels, spades, pick, rakes, wheelbarrow, hose, watering can, measuring tape, stakes, orange builder's line / string, paper and pencil.

Thanks for the reply Jollyman good blog how do you get the time with a self build to Blog as well, I know I’ve been there and still there I guess.
Was wondering how large was the area that you Landscaped I've 3/4 of an acre to Landscape it can't really afford to do it but I'm so sick of looking at it the way it is.

Hi Candy, roughly the same size just short of an acre with us. We were the same got sick of looking at the weeds and the mess, its a lot of work but well worth it, and a great sense of acommplishment if hopefully it does grow :) If ya have friends cousins family just invite them around feed them and let em work away :)

Back