What is your Best Holiday Ever?

Sailing on the Whitsundays. New York @ Xmas, Paris in Spring. Cork on the 3rd weekend in Sept ;)

Can't make up my mind ...

Namibia - Arrived in windhoek got a camper van and travelled inland, stayed with tribes people along the way and then travelled across to the falls.

Egypt - Cruised down the nile and spent the last week in Sharm...

Venezuela - Canoed down to Angel falls and trekked up the Andes, spent the last 2 weeks in Isla Margarita in a 5 star resort.

Went to Pisa last year. The town is small and beautiful. The leaning tower just amazes. Easy to travel by train to other parts of Italy also.

Oz is great, as is Vietnam, Peru and esp Bolivia etc.

If you're looking for closer to home, I couldn't recommend Slovenia enough. The most fabulous scenery and people. Food is ok. But it has everything, quiet, peacefullness if thats what you like, or, the best in action sports - canyoning, whitewater rafting, trekking etc. Check out some websites on Lake Bled and around and you will see what I mean.

Enjoy!

Canada - British Columbia and Alberta - Who Needs New Zealand ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Egypt without a doubt - culture, sun and (if you go to Sharm el Sheik) sea and sand. Something for everyone in the family regardless of age.

Family holidays as a child in a caravan in Ardmore, Co Waterford, beautiful beach, fishing, rockpools, boat trips, fresh mackeral, carrots, rhubarb & custard, fresh currant bread every morning, long walks, football & rounders on the beach, chips from the chipper in the evening - nothing's ever beaten it since!

1st Cuba - quickly before Castro dies and the Americans destroy it!!

Avoid Varadero though!!

2nd Veitnam - should really be 1st but Castro will not live that long

3rd South Africa - The Garden Route super

Italy, villa on the sea on Sorrentine Pensinsula, lovely views of Capri across the bay of Naples. Lots of lazy days on the terrace eating pasta and salads, the most amazing tomatoes, walks into Massa Lubrense to have a beer or a wine or a pizza... Renting a motorboat and taking it out for a few hours, dolphins swimming past.

But if you go, rent the smallest car you can possibly get away with! In fact, take a taxi and don't rent a car at all if you don't absolutely need it. The roads are narrow and scary.

Everything else is just magnificent, and we've been back twice.

Irish College in Inis Thiar for a month when I was 13. It was my first time away from home. And my first boyfriend.

[in case anybody is wondering, I have travelled a bit since :)]

Marion

Guaranteed fun in New York.

Best budget holiday was Turkey in 2002. Cheap beer, lovely people, fab food, amazing weather. Culture and sun rolled into one. Great shopping for leather goods also. Not sure how safe it's considered at the moment though.

Charter your own yacht with 4 friends and explore the Croatian Islands. BBQ fresh fish direct from local fisherman and go literally wherever the wind takes you!

Playing tennis on a beach that seemed endless, cliff walks, caves, kites, long hot sunny days, a nearby shop that sold everything imaginable but most importantly ice cream - Where? Family hols in a mobile home in Co Kerry.

Sydney comes a close second.....!

Turkey either :
1. Istanbul for a long weekend. It's a fascinating city steeped in history.
2. Fly into Antalyla on one of the coastal resorts. hire a car and drive around the coast.
Have been there twice and rally enjoyed it. Prices were reasonable back then (1993 & 95) but food good and people friendly.

Italy, villa on the sea on Sorrentine Pensinsula, lovely views of Capri across the bay of Naples. Lots of lazy days on the terrace eating pasta and salads, the most amazing tomatoes, walks into Massa Lubrense to have a beer or a wine or a pizza... Renting a motorboat and taking it out for a few hours, dolphins swimming past.

But if you go, rent the smallest car you can possibly get away with! In fact, take a taxi and don't rent a car at all if you don't absolutely need it. The roads are narrow and scary.

Everything else is just magnificent, and we've been back twice.

Sold! ANy chance of a link for a villa?

Back