What info to have to hand buying a wood floor??

PinotNoir

Apart from the obvious (the measurements!!!)

I am off on my tod to Castleblaney tomorrow to buy the floor for our new open plan kitchen/dining/sitting.

We are putting down solid wood, and over an area that's a mix of 1) new concrete 2) old concrete 3) old concrete that will have old parquet removed.

The floors will be levelled by the builders. I have found a carpenter. The carpenter will supply extra stuff as I told him I would supply wood only.

So are there are things I should know before I go up to the wood shop?

I am pg, and travelling by public transport and can't physically afford to make the trip again if I hit a stumbling block - hence my question!! Thanks in advance!

Hi, add 5to 10 % extra . What type of wooden floor are you putting down, you didmnt say. Onre problem is that wooden floors are not the best in kitchens, for obvious (wet) reasons). What is pg, you cannot carry all that wood on a bus.

Hi, Would advise you check out Wooden Floor Services in Banbridge in Northern Ireland. Very reasonable prices and did a great job on our house. By the way, I would not recommend wooden floor in a kitchen area. I was going to them but was advised not to and am glad I took the advice. We have children and the stains in the living area is proof enough that it was great advice not to....
Good luck.

Back