what happens with my jobseekers benefit while I'm on this FAS Course?

Edel V

I was made redundant just before Christmas and despite my best efforts have been unable to secure a new job. I had my name down for a FAS course and have just learned that I have a position on a course starting in August. My question is what happens with my jobseekers benefit while I'm on this course. Does it stop for the duration of the course and then resume or do you still receive payment of it instead of payment from FAS. Anybody any ideas ???

Edel

Re: FAS Course

Hi Edel V,

When you register on a full time FAS course your money is paid by FAS. My daughter was on a course and the money was paid in to the bank. You get a travel allowance if over three miles from the course venue, plus four Euro for food per week, and a bonus of around the thirty Euro mark if long time unemployed ( a year). Early finish on Friday!! On completion of the course you revert back to unemployment.

If for some reason you are means tested on unemployment and receiving a lesser amount you will receive the full amount of dole money on FAS. You say you are receiving U/Benefit and the means test only applies to U/Assistance so that would not apply to you then.

Back