What happens if they deny Class 2

JKetch

I sent off the form and letter in May and the website says I should hear back by the end of December 2023. I only read this forum after applying and the key posts here would imply that I won't qualify for class 2 as I didn't work immediately after leaving the UK. I also think I made a mistake in saying that I wasn't ordinarily resident in the UK as I took it to refer to my current status rather than in 1992 when I left the UK.

If they deny the class 2 application do they then grant Class 3 or do you have to reapply?

You'll likely be told you can pay Class3, if you believe you are entitled to class 2 you can appeal & give your grounds for appeal.

My understanding is that you needed to be working immediately before leaving the UK and then started working in Ireland straight after leaving.

My understanding is that you needed to be working immediately before leaving the UK and then started working in Ireland straight after leaving.
You say the website says that you should hear back by Dec 23 - what is the website exactly? I sent off my form in March and have heard nothing since - when I sent an inquiry via email as to the progress of my application, I just got a automatic non-helpful response.

Just wondering where this is coming from? I really thought it the working bit was immediately prior to leaving the UK!

You say the website says that you should hear back by Dec 23 - what is the website exactly? I sent off my form in March and have heard nothing since - when I sent an inquiry via email as to the progress of my application, I just got a automatic non-helpful response.
I registered on the gov.uk website. You need a biometric passport and need to download an app but it was quite straightforward.

Just wondering where this is coming from? I really thought it the working bit was immediately prior to leaving the UK!
That's what I initially thought but there are references to it on various threads on this forum.

This thread goes into it.

In the first post of that thread, the AAM expert on the UK state pension mentions working immediately prior to leaving the UK - what post (in that thread) talks about needing to work immediately after leaving the UK? And what's the context? (I did read all the posts on page 1!)

In the first post of that thread, the AAM expert on the UK state pension mentions working immediately prior to leaving the UK - what post (in that thread) talks about needing to work immediately after leaving the UK? And what's the context? (I did read all the posts on page 1!)
Sorry for the delay in relying! On page 2 in an answer from DannyBoyD

Registered User​

Messages1,115
Your UK address - sold my flat but do I put this address anyway?
If this was your last UK address, yes.
Are you ordinarily resident in the UK - I'm not - this might automatically disqualify me?
Nope

This is based on whether or not you were ordinarily resident just before you left. So you answer accordingly.
How long do you intend to stay abroad - truthfully I don't intend to go back to live in the UK; again, that might automatically disqualify me from this top-up scheme?
Nope, you can put indefinite.

Search for NI38 leaflet also and review that document first.

What if someone was working in the republic as a cross border worker and moved south from the UK?

What if someone was working in the republic as a cross border worker and moved south from the UK?
pretty sure there was a similar query before & its the same answer, as long as you have the require NI contributions, and meet the conditions you can continue to make voluntary NICs

Back