What do you do with a computer you don't want?

Abbica

Hi I have an old macintosh computer (2004) which I don't want anymore. it works fine. Can anyone tell me what to do with this, is there a shop I can bring it into?

Hi I have an old macintosh computer (2004) which I don't want anymore. it works fine. Can anyone tell me what to do with this, is there a shop I can bring it into?

Why not pop it up on Adverts.ie or Donedeal.ie? Must be worth €50+. Make sure you format the drive first. You don't want any personal stuff out there!

I echo what Slim says.

It could be perfect for someone who simply wants to use it for basic word processing, email and so forth.

Additionally, it may be worth soemthing to someone looking for old parts.

Give the sites above a go.

I can't see much demand for a 9 year old computer. Technology becomes obselete very quickly. I usually remove the hard drive, destroy it with a lump hammer and recycle the rest of the computer. Your Local Authority will be able to advise you where you can take it to be recycled.

Ud be surprised what people buy...try local national school etc, may need it. Jumbletown.ie great to get rid of free items.

Why not pop it up on Adverts.ie or Donedeal.ie? Must be worth €50+. Make sure you format the drive first. You don't want any personal stuff out there!

Format isn't enough, it won't clear the contents. Use a secure erase utility to completely overwrite the disk.

Thank you for the replies, never really thought of the data wipe!!
Shoegal, thanks a mil for the link, it is exactly what I was looking for plus added bonus that it's a good cause. They do certified data wiping and drop it in Dublin location, so it covers all aspects.
Thank you for the help :)

Back