What do I get for friend emigrating to the Land down-under?

part-timer

Hi
I have friends leaving for Oz soon. - will be travelling for four to five months through thailand, vietnam etc before getting there. They are going for good to start life down under and I would like to get them something small to wish them good luck and bon voyage. As they are back-packing for couple of months - maybe something handy in that line. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas - thinking of €40/€50 - nothing too extravagent. Please - I need help on this one.
Thanks

Wouldnt bother with a sleeping bag or mosquito net brought both and only ever used the sleeping bag on a night bus journey
Would second the maglite invaluable -also always hankered after a pen knife or a silk sleeping bag liner

Fly spray!
Nah seriously, one of those water pouches is very useful.
Like carrying a water bottle around with you that you can refill, but
when it's empty, it can be rolled up to save space.

Hi
Thanks for replies. Don't think they are going to be roughing it too much. Apparently they are going to stay in hotels rather than hostels when travelling but maybe getting camper van. Just want to get them something unusual or funky perhaps - any other suggestions. Thanks

Seriously, a maglight is unbelievably handy regardless of whether you are roughing it. drove a camper van through new zealand and did alot of night driving - maglight proved to be one of the handiest things i had.

disposable underwear? - seriously you can get this for camping/treking (just underpants I think) ;)

Ask them if they would like some company on the trip. That way you get to leave this horrible weather behind and they will love you for wanting to make sure their ok ;)

Back