What currency Quala Lumpur Airport

T

Teddy M

Hello,

I will be in Quala Lumpur airport for 6 hours next month and was wondering if they would accept Euro/Sterling in the airport or should I get some Ringgit?

Thanking you all in advance.

Teddy

I had a brief stopover a no. of years back & was able to use some US dollars in a bookshop in the terminal.
(Tom Clancey, the pain of long haul travel!)

I always have US dollar bills when I travel to use for tipping porters etc. Usually when I pick up my foreign currency the bills are too large for a poor old pensioner like me to give in tips.

USD are the best, Ringgit are anoying to get rid of and hassle to get in the firstplace. Theres used be really good departures lounge on level 1 if you have a few hours, includes food, drinks, showers, DVD's etc. Its about USD20 for as long as you want, you just pay at teh door, regardless of airline. Its in the international terminal.

Was there last year,A good few shops and only one bar which is the only place for smokers, I got a few Rg's out of bank card but seen a large chinese family use nothing only Usd and they were happy to accept,Pity you wont feel the real heat outside as no one leaves terminal on stopover,

You could always just use your credit card. I agree that you can't get rid of the damn Ringgits. I stayed for 4 nights on a stopover and just couldn't spend my money everything was so cheap! A good complaint for once I suppose!

If you're flying to Australia they'll also take AUD$. You'll get your change back in Ringits. Do any purchasing first & then use your change to buy meals or whatever.

Back