What changes could be made to financial situation?

Hmmmmm???:confused: You've gone from unemployed to employed to unemployed again. Increased your savings by a couple of grand. Doubled your pet insurance. Bought a house for 60k?? All sounds a bit mad

i saved every cent of social welfare i got which is how my savings went up so much

where you going with doubled your pet insurance?
that 117 is the pet insurance for the year
and yes i was lucky enough to get a house for 60 k

anything else?

Re: changes again

i have life insurance (28 a month)
house insurance (31 a month)
morgage protection (18.64 monthly)

What is the mortgage protection for? Have you read the small print? Do you need it?

The other two insurances are a must and they sound ok.

Hmmmmm???:confused: You've gone from unemployed to employed to unemployed again. Increased your savings by a couple of grand. Doubled your pet insurance. Bought a house for 60k?? All sounds a bit mad

He also had no debts whatsoever before he bought the house and he has savings even though on a relatively low salary. He also managed to get a bargain and is living within his means. How refreshing.

What is the mortgage protection for? Have you read the small print? Do you need it?

The other two insurances are a must and they sound ok.

morgage advisior said if partner loses job that the morgage will be covered for a while. we just pretty much did what he said because we 1st time buyers and didnt know the ins and outs of it all

morgage advisior said if partner loses job that the morgage will be covered for a while. we just pretty much did what he said because we 1st time buyers and didnt know the ins and outs of it all

Dreadful advisor. Is that a bank and was it their own policy or one of their tied products? At least it's fairly low.

Have a read of it tonight. You need to know what's a while? Are you sure it will pay out? Also the government will pay your mortgage interest if you both lose your jobs.

Since we have bought a house ill make the necessary changes

Life insurance: 28 a month- paid automaticaly with morgage, pet insurance 117 a year

Obviously I didn't read these two properly. I was simply making an observation of how quickly you're savings had gone up and you bought a house and you're overall financial situation changed. No need to be defence I was actually intrigued that you managed to save so much.

Back