What can we do to stop war-mongering in a recession?

onq

Condoleeza Rice is reported as saying that the Iran government, which has an open and transparent nuclear policy, must be brought down.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=27524

Yet Israel, which doesn't have such a policy and which has recently tested a Jericho missile with a 10,000 Km range, is not condemned for escalating international tension.

I'm not happy with these twin poses by American led Nato and her allies.

Well considering the UN are about to publish a report that says Iran is moving towards a nuclear weapon, she might have a point. No-one should have nuclear weapons but if they have to exist I prefer that they remain in the hands of Countries like the US and Israel than with Iran. This isn't another Iraq situation. Iran has explicitly stated that they want to wipe Israel off the map. Do you really want nuclear weapons in their hands?

Unfortunately a lot of Irish people also seem to want this.:mad:

No they don't and it's pretty horrible thing to suggest that there are a lot of Irish people that would support genocide. People might criticise Israel (rightly in many cases) but that doesn't mean they don't recognise their right to exist or think they deserve to be attacked by terrorists. Not every critic of Israel is an anti-semetic, terrorist supporting idiot. There are plenty of critics within Israel itself who say the same things about various policies. The good thing about Israel is that they are allowed to say it.

Not every critic of Israel is an anti-semetic, terrorist supporting idiot.

Of course not every one, but definitely some within their ranks.

No they don't and it's pretty horrible thing to suggest that there are a lot of Irish people that would support genocide.
Dunno about genocide, but there are a lot of Irish people who supported and justified the IRA's murderous terrorist campaign, and still do.

Of course not every one, but definitely some within their ranks...

Just as I am sure there are some Jewish Israel supporters who believe that every Palestinian is a terrorist and wouldn't mind if their armed forces wiped them out. There are idiots everywhere unfortunately. I just don't think we should give them nuclear weapons!

My point stands. Many Irish people have repellent views about Israel. You never see pickets or protests in this country about dodgy regimes like Gadaffi's Lybia and the "open and transparent" Iran (except for elections) of Ahmadinejad arming themselves to the teeth, yet the only democracy in a hostile Middle-East is supposed to defend itself with sticks and stones.

My point stands. Many Irish people have repellent views about Israel. You never see pickets or protests in this country about dodgy regimes like Gadaffi's Lybia arming themselves to the teeth, yet the only democracy in a hostile Middle-East is supposed to defend itself with sticks and stones.

And yet I have never seen a protest where they are calling for Israel to be wiped off the map like you originally claimed. I have never heard a protest with anti-semetic chants. The idiots who protest against Israel for the smallest things are mainly the same idiots who protest against everything. They are probably living outside the Central Bank or down by the Corrib gas line.

Not getting into the Israel thing again. Has been talked about to death on this site. This is about Iran and nuclear weapons.

And yet I have never seen a protest where they are calling for Israel to be wiped off the map like you originally claimed.

Where did I claim this?

. I have never heard a protest with anti-semetic chants.
You won't have to spend too long on indymedia to find similar material.

. The idiots who protest against Israel for the smallest things are mainly the same idiots who protest against everything. They are probably living outside the Central Bank or down by the Corrib gas line.
So these people do exist?
Proves my point.

Not getting into the Israel thing again. Has been talked about to death on this site.

Ditto. Did it ever occur to you why so many Irish people seem to be obsessed with Israel?

Not getting into the Israel thing again. Has been talked about to death on this site. This is about Iran and nuclear weapons.

Israel was explicitly mentioned in the opening post.

Actually its about Israel having an intercontinental delivery capability and a poor track record on human rights.
I don't want the capability to rain nuclear death in the hands of people who used phosphorous on civilians and then lied about it until they were exposed.

[broken link removed]

http://www.irinnews.org/report.aspx?reportid=82402
"The use of white phosphorus against civilians was banned in the 1980 Convention on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Certain Conventional Weapons Which May Be Deemed to Be Excessively Injurious or to Have Indiscriminate Effects. (The convention was enforced in December 1983 and is an annex to the Geneva Conventions 1949). Israel signed the convention on 22 March 1995 but has not signed the relevant protocol III dealing with incendiary weapons such as white phosphorus."
Its bad enough we have one war-mongering state (the US) who thinks they have the right to decide the fate of sovereign countries fro ma distance without having another on Europe's doorstep.
Iran is currently signed up for inspections - they learned what not to do on a world stage from Saddam Hussein - instead they have allowed multiple inspections of its nuclear capability.

I am not suggesting I want a remote nuclear strike capability for Ireland or Europe - I don't want one for anyone, and that includes the United States and Russia.
As for Israel - we know where the eye-for-an-eye mentality gets people - everyone wandering around with bloody eye sockets.

I don't trust nations that lies about their nuclear capability and accuse everyone else of picking fights with them.
I grew up around poisoned dwarfs who were sent in by others who wanted an excuse to pick a fight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

As for the Iranian position, it seems it couldn't be more different.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

For the record -
Israel *happens* to be a Jewish State - I am not anti-Semitic.
I don't think much of the way Pakistan runs its stall either - its a Muslim State, and I am not anti-Muslim.
And I do not support or excuse the way Iran's sabre-rattling president demonizes Israel - that only serves a war mongering agenda.

Iran funds Hamas which is a terrorist organisation to its core, guilty of crimes that even the IRA wouldn’t have sunk to.
The Iranian government is not to real power in Iran; it is still a theocratic state ruled by its clergy. It has a young highly educated populace which is enslaved by its government. Overt aggression from America will weaken the drive for change within Iran. So far Obama and Clinton have done a very good job walking the tightrope in the region. I hope that there is no return to the heavy-handed policies of the Bush administration.

The idea that Israel can be equated to Iran from the perspective of the threat it poses to the region is laughable. Israel just want s to be left alone.

By the Way, I agree with Tommy about the racist views held by many Irish people about Israel. Some protestors are aware of the history and politics of the region and offer an informed critique but they are a small minority. The classic image of the vacuous idiots from the Labour Party’s Lesbian Bi Gay and Transgender group marching with Hamas flags in a protest against Israel. The irony is that they would be free to live their life as they choose in Israel but Hamas would kill every single one of them.

BTW, if America hadn’t engaged in some war mongering in the 1940’s we’d be speaking Russian now (after a brief spell speaking German).

Actually its about Israel having an intercontinental delivery capability and a poor track record on human rights.

That’s right, they stone rape victims to death and hang children that they think are homosexual... oh, no, wait a minute; that’s your mated in Iran!

I don't want the capability to rain nuclear death in the hands of people who used phosphorous on civilians and then lied about it until they were exposed.
Exposed by who again... oh yea, the Israeli media! Israel has had the capability to “rain nuclear death” (not that we’re using emotive language when talking about one side of the argument or anything) for over a generation now. If it’s neighbours try to wipe it off the face of the planet again they just might use it. In that situation I hope they do.

Its bad enough we have one war-mongering state (the US) who thinks they have the right to decide the fate of sovereign countries without another on Europe's doorstep.
That’s right; those war mongering Americans... good job every other country is so peaceful!
Have you looked at what China, France, the UK, Uganda, Rwanda, South Africa, India, Pakistan, The Philippines, etc etc have been up yo for the last 30 years?

Iran is currently signed up for inspections - they learned what not to do on a world stage from Saddam Hussein - instead they have allowed multiple inspections of its nuclear capability.
The UN. What a bang-up job they do. Just look at how well things are going in Darfur and look at how well they handles the Rwandan Genocide. If they hadn’t done such a good job they could have destabilised Zaire and caused the bloodiest war since the second world war, claiming 3 million lives... oh, wait....

The Un is a farce, a corrupt joke of an organisation.

I don't trust nations that lies about their nuclear capability and accuse everyone else of picking fights with them.
You’re talking about Iran here, right?

I grew up around poisoned dwarfs who were sent in by others who wanted an excuse to pick a fight.
That may explain your bias on this topic but your ire is misdirected.

As for the Iranian position, it seems it couldn't be more different.
“seems” being the key word here.

Well considering the UN are about to publish a report that says Iran is moving towards a nuclear weapon, she might have a point. No-one should have nuclear weapons but if they have to exist I prefer that they remain in the hands of Countries like the US and Israel than with Iran. This isn't another Iraq situation. Iran has explicitly stated that they want to wipe Israel off the map. Do you really want nuclear weapons in their hands?

No. I totally disagree with the Iranian Presidents' position. But so far they haven't a weapon that can reach Europe. Israel has and consistently lies about it.

So these people do exist?
Proves my point.

Of course they exist. Never said they didn't. Just like Israeli extremists exist. Just like homophobhic people exist. Just like racists exist. Just like people who think all muslims are terrorists and Islam is a religion of terror.

No. I totally disagree with the Iranian Presidents' position. But so far they haven't a weapon that can reach Europe. Israel has and consistently lies about it.

So you think Israel is going to attack Europe?

Condoleeza Rice is reported as saying that the Iran government, which has an open and transparent nuclear policy, must be brought down.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=27524

Yet Israel, which doesn't have such a policy and which has recently tested a Jericho missile with a 10,000 Km range, is not condemned for escalating international tension.

I'm not happy with these twin poses by American led Nato and her allies.

In fairness, Israel are unlikely to try and fire a nuclear missle at the USA, Iran quite possibly might. Why shouldn't the US be entitled to defend itself or do you expect them to sit there and say "bring it on"?

Back