What are your thoughts on the MARP process?

After a debtor is a year in MARP can the bank cease the resolution process and go to the courts?

Reason I ask is I have heard that the Irish banks pressorising distressed mortgage holders like the foreign institutions here are.

Is it a case of the Irish banks willing to work with the mortgage holder while the other will seek repossession?

Are we looking at a scenario where mortgage holders with foreign banks will be ran out of their homes a lot quicker?

Thanks for your response Kaplan. I thought if they filed this month it would end up in court around January and I would have until March / April to vacate the premises.

Hi Wishes, i feel for you in your situation.
I wouldn't give up the property without a fight.
At least go to court and have your say, it's everyone's right to have your say in court. If you can make any sort of proposal about keeping the property at an outcome affordable to yourself, the judge might side with you.
New Beginnings are a crowd of solicitors that deal with these sort of cases but they might be snowed under at the moment. No harm in trying to get in contact with them though.

Even failing to get an affordable solicitor, you could represent yourself.
Also my accountant goes to court with clients and sometimes gets the right results.
If you or no one else turns up in court on your behalf the judge will almost certainly decide against you.
Whereas at the simplest if you turn up yourself you could just ask for a 6 month stay on any action against you because you are working on a plan to keep your house.

Back