I really switch off when the main news headlines are:

"A major survey shows..."

"Gardai have seized drugs with a street value of..."

Most industrial relations disputes

Anything that begins with the words...

"And Finally"

-Rd

>> What are your most boring news stories? &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

Anything to do with tunnel construction or mining.

Anything by Charlie Bird, George Lee or that Medical Guy I can never remember his name.

Medical Guy I can never remember his name.

Are you thinking of Fergal Bowers of www.irishhealth.com .. big favourite of Mitt the coop todayfm.

For me the worst is Gorman (not of Roy Keane interview fame although come to think of it he's a dead loss as well). No, I reserve my bile for the dork who stalks the street to prey on poor unfortunate homeless and drones on and on about life on the street...poor feckers, bad enough being homeless, without putting up with monotone drivel.

Re: news stories

The most boring news stories occur when the newsreader says, Mr Joe Blogs said 'X....Y....Z.' Then they play the clip of Mr Blogs saying X....Y...Z. It was reported today that Sluice thinks the newsrooms are just trying to fill air with boring repetition. "I think they're justing trying to fill airtime with boring repetition."

Sluice

George Lee

Seriously folks, this GL guy reports every piece of financial news as if it is the end of the world as we know it.

Hi Nat

poor feckers, bad enough being homeless, without putting up with monotone drivel.
Yes Paddy O'Gorman has the most boring monotone delivery. Thanks for the Fergal Bowers name hes so boring I had forgotten it.

When RTE show a graphic of a phone or a satellite and we listen to a sound only broadcast.. this is very boring...and they still do this nearly 50 years on.

Bongo,
Yes hes been preaching doom and gloom since the turn of the century.

Ajapale

What gets me is the way in which John Donnellan(?) of the IFA is always on the radio about the poor farmers.

Brendan

George Lee wrecks my head too. He makes me want to give him something real to cry about.

Anything on TV3 or SKY "news". Not to mention the TV3 weather which gives me a pain.

And the bits at the end of the RTE news where they have the poor man's news reports; tacky pinched-from-somewhere-else footage with accompanying reports read by your woman from Bosco, Marian Richardson, I think.

Sometimes the smugness of Newsnight interviewers (interrogators) can be a bit OTT but at least they might have passed leaving cert English.

Rebecca

Anything involving a TV "personality" and a prostitute/affair/drugs/motoring offense.

Anyone noticed the Template of RTE Radio news?

Headlines:
Bosco is being held by police after drugs to the value of €5 were siezed by Gardai.

Over now to Ann for the Details.

Bosco is being held by police after drugs to the value of €5 were siezed by Gardai. (Tag on a little more)

Our crime correspondent has this report.

Bosco is being held by police after drugs to the value of €5 were siezed by Gardai. (Tag on a little more) (Tag on yet another little bit).

But my most hated piece of broadcasting is the comments by the continuity guy at the end of shows on TV3. I don't know if they're supposed to be funny, or if TV3 are sponsored by an Anti-Nausea tablet. Certainly the weather leads me to believe there is some concerted effort to make us all feel sick.

I'm not a violent person but someday I'm going to put a bullet through the TV.

-Rd

The Constant drumming on about the prisoner abuse in Iraq

.. enough already!

Yeah...prisoner abuse. It's not as if it's important or anything. Just shut your ears 'til it goes away TB.

True bum please provide me with information about the scandal involving Irish UN 'peace' keepers in Eritrea?!

Please provide names and addresses?
Provide photos please.

Please tell me exactly what they did and what their punishment was.

Did it involve destabalising the middle east (even more) and increasing the risk posed to the rest of the world?

Classic Irish response true bum. Lets ignore and cover up our own faults (are you a politician or a member of the Catholic Church hierarchy?). Lets point the finger at everyone else. Your response shows that you don’t care about the Middle East nor do you care about the Iraqi prisoners you just hate America.

Bluzzzzz

Forget boring news stories, what about boring, repetitive, trolling posts?

You're not talking about the one that's almost become a high-brow cartoon due to the use of images and tediously clever words and grammar and where it veered off thread 2 pages ago are you?

Back