What are these benefits in our account please?

mi2008

We're revamping our budget seeing as we run out of money each month these days! DH has downloaded the Microsoft Money tool.

When we emigrated back to Ireland last year I filled out all the appropriate forms but I need to know what the E320 is I see in our account at the beginning of each month: I presume seeing as the code is "CB" that it's Child Benefit? (is this children's allowance?). And do you know when these payments end? When the child leaves home :lol: ???

The other regular payment into the account is E550 (used to be E500) every 3 months or so...code for this is O.M.C And do you know if this will end any time soon please??

I'm a stay at home mother and we've 2 kids, 2ys and 4ys.

Thanks for your help

The CB payments would be the child benefit payments alright, 160 per child, thus 320 as you have 2 children. I am assuming the quarterly payment is the early childcare supplement, I am not sure of the exact amount that is given for this, but it sounds about right as you have 2 children (I think it's in the region of 1100 or a little more per child per year, so the 550 quarterly sounds right).

The child benefit will continue until your child leaves fulltime education (normally at 18, but you can get it extended if your children go onto fulltime college/uni until the age of 21) and the early childcare supplement will continue until they hit the age of 6.

Child Benefit ceases at 16 unless the child remains in full-time education, is on a FÁS youthreach course, or is physically or mentally disabled and dependant on the parent. If any of these criteria are met, Child Benefit continues until the child reaches age 19 (not 21).

See full details here : www.welfare.ie/schemes/families/cb.html

Last edited:
The quarterly payment is presumably the Early Childcare Supplement for under 6's?

Back