Well done Aerlingus

redwood park

Well done Aerlingus. I applied for refund of flight on 22/04/10 and money was refunded into my current account on 27/04/10.

Well done is right! Can you tell me how to apply as I too feel I am due a refund following the ash debacle? Tried emailings and phoning without success.

I am in similiar situation trying for a refund too.

My travelling partner called to rebook the flight for a later date (an option which we were offered in a text when the flight was cancelled) to be told that refunds only are now being offered and that it will take at least 28 days to process.

She was told to apply via the website, was then hung up on after waiting on hold for 40 minutes to get through. She now cannot find the refund facility online.

There was a form on AL site which now seems to have disappeared. If you click on "Get help" on home page there are telephone nos to ring for refund or cancellation.

I am in similiar situation trying for a refund too.

My travelling partner called to rebook the flight for a later date (an option which we were offered in a text when the flight was cancelled) to be told that refunds only are now being offered and that it will take at least 28 days to process.

She was told to apply via the website, was then hung up on after waiting on hold for 40 minutes to get through. She now cannot find the refund facility online.

I'd a similar experience - email automated response says it takes 28 days and phone lines not being answered.

ok so 30 mins later after being on hold I get to speak to a customer service person who insists Aer Lingus will ONLY refund to the card used for the booking, in my case a Halifax VISA since closed. There is nothing she can do to change the account details and I need to follow up myself with Halifax to try recover the refund. In my opinion really shoddy customer service - providing a refund which I then have to try and chase?? Even Ryanair will send a cheque instead.....

For people who got refunds from Aer Lingus, did they include airport taxes and was there any deduction made?

I made refund claims on two flights back on 17/19 April and received credits yesterday but I can't work out how they arrived at the amounts. The totals don't even come to the amount of taxes I paid.

I've sent them an email but can't be sure if/when I will get a reply.

Any help or advice appreciated.

I get to speak to a customer service person who insists Aer Lingus will ONLY refund to the card used for the booking, in my case a Halifax VISA since closed. There is nothing she can do to change the account details and I need to follow up myself with Halifax to try recover the refund. In my opinion really shoddy customer service

In fairness to the customer service agent in this case (irrespective of whether it is Aer Lingus. Ryanair or whoever), its a legal requirement that the refund has to go back to the original form of payment... to prevent fraudulent activity I guess. Nothing to do with shoddy customer service.

Both myself and my sister applied for refunds with AL on 22/04/10. I paid by Laser and got Full refund 5 days later. My sister paid with credit card and she got refund today 20/05/10.

Just an update. I paid with a CC (flights-April 18th and 21st) and am still waiting for a refund.

Not a major hassle though as they(AL) must be under pressure in that department ;).

Back