weed and feed with evergreen?

Just my theory - If you throw that much nutrients on a lawn, I would be very surprised if the weeds didn't take their share quickly. So the weeds get a bit of a boost from the nutrients they soak up with the weedkiller. Bit of growth for a few days and then the WK does its job.

Sorry to jump in on this. Woodies are doing a special where you buy 2 bags of weed and feed and get a free spreader. Also I bought MCPA and have a few questions. I need to clear about quarter of an acre of something like bull rushes (I think they're called.) I was told to cut rushes, give them 3 weeks and spray them. Does this sound about right? Also I have the use of a 10 and 20 litre sprayer. Which should I use and what mix of mcpa:water should I use?

Thanks,

Nicky

Sorry to jump in on this. Woodies are doing a special where you buy 2 bags of weed and feed and get a free spreader. Also I bought MCPA and have a few questions. I need to clear about quarter of an acre of something like bull rushes (I think they're called.) I was told to cut rushes, give them 3 weeks and spray them. Does this sound about right? Also I have the use of a 10 and 20 litre sprayer. Which should I use and what mix of mcpa:water should I use?

Thanks,

Nicky
Not familiar with MCPA but the ratio of water to mcpa should be on the container. I was looking at one today, I think it was liquid evergreen, and it was 80ml in 4.5 litres of water

Just my theory - If you throw that much nutrients on a lawn, I would be very surprised if the weeds didn't take their share quickly. So the weeds get a bit of a boost from the nutrients they soak up with the weedkiller. Bit of growth for a few days and then the WK does its job.
Month on weeds worse than ever including clover Also some sort of yellowish weeds.If anyone has any suggestions would appreciate.

I know the feeling. The weeds seem to be the only thing growing this year. I took drastic action on Monday night and sprayed the culprits with gallup.

OK, i have reseeded all the places where I used the Gallup. It's coming on well. In fairness, most of the rest of the lawn has improved in the last month anyway and the weeds are disappearing.

Back