Wedding Reception......venue recommendations sought !!

C

chalky

Guys

Getting married in Sept on a saturday in TCD Church.

Guests will be 35 to 40.

Don't really want to do the hotel thing (it's possible though if there was a really good recommendation!) and we're thinking of booking a restaurant in Dublin city centre for the meal.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of a restaurant with good food where you can stay for the evening and have our own music etc ?

Alternatively we might leave the restaurant and have the afters in another venue. Again suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance

hi,
We did this and it was a great success. We went to Locks bu tthe maximum number they could sit in their private room upstairs was 30.

We found quite a few other places with private rooms also.
Jacobs Ladder was one, and I love the food there.
THe Clarence hotel have private dining rooms.

I rang around, and found quite a few, which I cant remember now.

Try posting on www.weddingsonline.ie or [broken link removed] ..you should get plenty of recommendations there.

I know Clontarf Castle will allow you have a meal in the restaurant and then transfer to a room for the afters.

The Davenport on Merrion Square also do the same (minimum numbers may be 50 though).

Our original plan (with a cast of 40) was to have a meal in Lockes or similar and then hire the party barge on the Grand Canal for later...but it worked out quite expensive and also our numbers increased to 70 (nothing like parental pressure:rolleyes: )

Friend of ours had thier reception in a very nice downstairs room in an Italian restaurant in Trinity St, which I think is called Capris.

ice said:
What about this
[broken link removed]

As I said earlier this was the original plan for our wedding. Seats about 40 comfortably although there is room for up to 100 mixture of seating/ standing.

It costs about €1000 to hire for 4 hours. Bar consists of bottles/cans/spirits...no draft.

They can do full meals but we found she wasn't very reliable...20 months later we are still waiting for a quote for a sit down meal.

Back