Wedding invitations

Carebear

Hi,

I'm interested in making my own stationery for my wedding (invitations and mass booklets) Has anyone done this and would you have any ideas for me?

Thanks in advance.

Hi
I made my own and saved a fortune - so did a lot of my friends.
Sounds naff but if you put some thought in they can look really well.
Just buy some really good stationery and keep it simple. Dried flowers etc - although painstaking to add can be used to good effect. I would also do the mass booklet myself.
I used a motif I got from Clipart on the web and then kept the same theme for the booklet etc....

Not sure what ideas or advice you were hoping for, but for what it's worth there's a shop called "Daintree" in Camden Street (Dublin 8/south) that has everything you could want in order to make up your own stationery, invitations etc. They have absolutely everything.

A

[broken link removed] also have another website - www.craftsupplies.ie - which has more stuff, not specifically for weddings but you can find some nice embilishments for your invitations. I used a mixture of both for my invitations and they worked out so much cheaper!!!

:)

We used Lantz diy cards, you can buy blank / empty cards in batches of 6, and then using your printer print off the pages to go inside the cards and just glue.... you can get matching invites / reply cards / thank you / mass cards, etc. We got them in their store, but i believe they also sell them online (i just wanted to compare differnt products).
I reckon for 100 people invited to our wedding our total outlay was about Eu130.... that was last November.
No-one will think your cheap, most people know that the cost of wedding are huge!
Another option is M&S, last 3 invites I got were from there!

Best of luck

Back