Wedding in Paris

deanwood

hey,

my brother wants to get married in Paris around Easter and I have looked at previous threads on getting married abroad couldn't see anything about Paris. Has anyone ever done this?? any help or suggestions would be gratefully accepted!! Brother is here his fiancee is in Oz and guess who is going to have to do most of the research!!:rolleyes:

www.weddingsonline.ie is the place to go, they have lots of info there regardings weddings, both here and abroad. Haven't seen anything about Paris myself, but maybe you could just take a look there, sure all those brides will be able to give you a helping hand.

You must be resident in France for 40 days before the wedding so that makes getting married in France for a non-resident very expensive!

You can have a civil ceremony in Ireland beforehand and then have a ceremony of your choice in France without the 40 day restriction. In France all weddings whether church or other need to be carried out in the local "mairie" or mayor's office for it to be legally binding and residency documents need to be produced along with blood test results occassionally!

Not worth starting a new thread but does anyone know about weddings in Norway??

Back