Web Design and Programming.

Locke

Luckily I am still employed, it's something I can be thankful for in the present enviroment.

However, it's made me realise that having another skill is vital just in case something happens.

So I was looking to brush up on my Web Design and Programming skills. However, a little unsure where to do the course. Want to make sure it's a good place with relevant silabus.

At the moment, I'm very comfortable with Graphic Design and do bits and with PHP/SQL (Bits and Bobs), HTML, XHTML, DHTML

Can anyone from experience recommend anywhere?

Thanks in advance!

DBS offer two courses, one learning how to use dreamweaver and the other learing how to use dbases with dreamweaver and create a shopping chart etc. I did the first course, although my company paid for it, You learn Dreamweaver but not exactly web design concepts.

I really do think there are other places teaching the same material but for cheaper e.g. FAS You should take a look at the courses they are offering.

I would have went mad if i had of paid for this course myself as i was expecting a lot more from it. The classes are very very full and the network environment wasn't stable in a couple of my classes and some people could not use a machine and had to go home.

I would definitely shop around. You could do two courses from FAS eg Dreamweaver and Photoshop for the price of this one course.

I can create a web page and did get good marks but it's about playing around yourself once you know the fundamentals. The tutors are nice but I would suggest you shop around as it is very pricey.

good luck

Even during the good times there seemed (to me) like a surplus of people doing webdesign/development.

the more competition the better in this country!!

Don't stop people learning!

it's a good thing!!!

Back