We look GREAT!!

One is looking forwards to a few pints this morning. One will need them to put up with Enda Kenny and Mary McAleese

There was a book about this ( and other Royal Secrets) a few years back. Apparently she has good luck charms, lipstick, photos an "s" hook to hang her handbag off the table!
/

what about her credit union book? the visit is going very well thank god. we do look great!

It was an awful pity to see the empty streets as the Queen was driven to the Garden of Remembrance. An awful lot of the so called 'patriots' who object to people being allowed to move on don't even particularly care about the six counties. They are just thugs and misfits looking for any cause to hitch their wagon to. If Britain suddenly handed us back Northern Ireland, they would be off finding another anti establishment issue to become 'passionate' about.

I was out last night and these two fellows that were part of the group I was in started going on about how it was a disgrace that the Queen was in the Garden of Remembrance. I asked them when they last visited the Garden since it obviously held such importance to them. Of course they had never been there.

Looking at the news with those protestors, I see the same thing. Most of them were just young scumbags looking to cause trouble. They know nothing about history, doubt they had ever set foot in Northern Ireland and are probably reading the sun or the daily mail today to get their news.

I can understand people with genuine Nationalist views feeling uncomfortable with the trip. I actually think Gerry Adams and Sinn Fein deserve some credit for not hijacking the event beyond releasing some balloons. Joe Higgins actually gave a interview to CNN that was more damaging than sanything SF have had to say on the matter.

I agree about the empty streets. It didn't look good.

Away to the War Memorial Gardens today in Islandbridge. I live nearby and the army have sealed off the Chapelizod entry for the last few days. I believe the Gardai are manning the Islandbridge side.
The soldiers at the gate look bored stupid. At least they've a tent and a small camp setup further down the Liffey path.

The gardens are beautiful though and a hidden gem for Dublin. I'd say a lot don't know about them

Some nice pics here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_National_War_Memorial_Gardens

Away to the War Memorial Gardens today in Islandbridge. I live nearby and the army have sealed off the Chapelizod entry for the last few days. I believe the Gardai are manning the Islandbridge side.
The soldiers at the gate look bored stupid. At least they've a tent and a small camp setup further down the Liffey path.

The gardens are beautiful though and a hidden gem for Dublin. I'd say a lot don't know about them

Some nice pics here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_National_War_Memorial_Gardens

Yeah they are beautiful. I always tell tourists to visit them.

Looking at the news with those protestors, I see the same thing. Most of them were just young scumbags looking to cause trouble. They know nothing about history, doubt they had ever set foot in Northern Ireland and are probably reading the sun or the daily mail today to get their news.

Saw a pic of the protestors yesterday...guy in the centre of the scuffles was wearing a Man U shirt....mixed messages or what!

She seemed very at ease as did Our President .
Why wouldn't they, both being unelected Heads of State ;). I'm probably in a small minority in that I'm not gushing about the visit; but if it's good for tourism, then great.

In fairness I think they tackled most of the thorny issues with the visit to Garden of Remembrance & Croke Park.

I would however say that the families of the Dublin & Monaghan bombings deserve better (files released), but that is not within the gift of the Queen so no point blaming her.

As a staunch GAA man I think it was great to show off the stadium, the culture, and substantially deal with the view that is sometimes spouted that the GAA is all armchair republicanism. Maybe she'll be over the see timber broken on the 2nd Sunday in September.

After today the heavy lifting should be over and all concerned may get to relax a bit and not have such 'hand of history' stuff.

He's only morto, but the Celtic one was in de wash.

That's Celtic with an "S". (Isn't a disgrace the way those people living in the Northern part of Britain can't pronounce “Celtic”? Do they think the “Seltic” tribe used to live in Britain and Ireland?)

That's Celtic with an "S". (Isn't a disgrace the way those people living in the Northern part of Britain can't pronounce “Celtic”? Do they think the “Seltic” tribe used to live in Britain and Ireland?)

Apparently Brother Walfrid (Irish founder of the club) did pronounce it with the "K" sound as opposed to the "S" sound, but that was lost in the passage of time and ramblings of Glaswegians presumably.

Have to say I was immensely proud of our President's speech last night. She came across magnificently. A great advert for Ireland.

Have to say I was immensely proud of our President's speech last night. She came across magnificently. A great advert for Ireland.
Agree. To be honest I don't really pay much attention to The President but I think she has been a fantastic host. Both her and her husband seem to get on well with HM and The Duke and I think they have done a fantastic job.

Isn't the Anglo-Celt newspaper (based in Cavan, I think?) pronounced "Anglo-Selt"? I'm sure that's how it's referred to on the Regional Newspaper reports on RTÉ drivetime! Maybe the clue to the pronounciation is in the "Anglo" bit?!

.... are probably reading the sun or the daily mail today to get their news.

I saw on the news some morons burning the Union flag....one of the ones The Sun gave out for the WC. Nice 'Sun' logo prominently shown.
So they bought The Sun, kept the flag, and then when the Queen of England visited, they burned it.
The mind boggles....

Thought the HQ of Horse Racing Ireland (is it called 'The Stud'?) looked well today.

Some money washing around that place! Then again, they get plenty of tax breaks.

Back