Water treatment problem

L

logan

Need some help in our water purification system as the company Water Tech is currently closed for the holiday season as we are without a supply.

Please see the above link

My problem is the water from the pump is pouring out of the filter cartridge (smaller one only installed).

I'm not sure what is missing, the bottom of the cartridge is completely open and if put my hand up inside there is a 3/4" pipe again open, from which the water pours on to the floor.

I don't know if the bottom is missing from the cartridge itself or if it should be open or if the internal pipe should be capped to hold the water in.

Any help/advice would be most welcome.

Hi Logan and Welcome to AAM.

You need to have several posts up before you can post links. If you type out the link I will be able to fix it for you.

Is "Water Tech" the same as "Water Technology" a reputable Cork company or is it some other outfit?

What type of water system do you have? (Water softener, Iron/Manganese removal, pH correction, UV sterilisation or something else?) Is it a deep bored well with sub pump and some sort of filtration system?

If so who (usually a plumber) installed your sub pump?

aj
mod

Yes that is the system as shown, only the smaller cartridge in use in my case.

Aja , please see the picture posted by Tara which reflects the system I'm talking about, to repeat the cartridge itself is open at the bottom, not sure if it's meant to be.
Inside the cartridge there is a 3/4" down pipe which again is open and I don't know if this should be capped.
One of them at least should be closed off and I suspect it is the cartridge itself that should have a bottom seal.

There are five different systems on that page. Which one is yours? Is your water treatment contractor Water Technology cork or some other outfit? Is it a deep bored well system and if so who installed your sub pump system?

aj

The top 2 pictures would be the closest to my set up with a single cartridge in place, Water Tech installed the treatment system while Leo O'Sullivan installed the deep bored well.
I cannot get an emergency No. for Water Technology.

Most rural based plumbers will be able to rectify the system for you.

If it is simply a pH correction unit then it would be possible to bypass it for a few days until you get Water Technology to check it out.

If it is a UV system then you could also bypass but be sure to boil the water for human consumption.

You could contact Leo O'Sullivan [broken link removed] and ask him for a reccomendation for a local plumber withe experience with water wells and water treatment.

You should take this opportunity to have your sub pump, pressure system and service pipes checked.

Do you have a heater in your pump house? It sounds like frost damage to me.

Have a plumber calling today recommended by Water Tech. however it is going to cost me 300euro as WT wont accept any responsibility although the total system (5000 euros) has only been in place since October.
Tough one as I'm an OAP and I have take this out of my planned monthly mortgage and I don't how this will pan out although it will be the first time I have missed a monthly payment.
many thanks for the replies to my query.

Hello Logan,

Its good to hear that the plumber will be able to get out to you today.

With private deep bored wells it is important that you have your water sampled and tested once a year. And then you should have your pump/pressure vessel and controls / treatment system service once a year.

Make sure that your pressure vessel and controls and treatment system is housed in a house that is dry and well insulated from the elements.

Also make sure that the pipes from the well to the pump house and from there into the house are well buried and insulated from the effects of frost etc.

aj

Back