Water System Problem

taraking

I have a Multi Tec water system installed over the last 10 years, (serviced every year) however the water is crap.

The dosing pump is not self priming. I have run it on maunual for about 15 minutes (with kitchen tap flowing) so there is no airlock. The bubbler is working away in the settlements tanks , is there anything else I should be doing?

I would welcome any help on solving this hopefully before Christmas as I will have a housefull of people wanting showers!

The water looks like pee at the moment......Yellow... & I'm 99% sure its the dosing pump.

Thanks

Hi taraking,

Can you post a link to your "multi tec" system? I cant find anyting on google.

Can you go back to the water treatment contractor that installed the system?

What is the source of your raw water?

aj

It looks something like this, I cant find a link to the dosing pump. Its treated from the well into 3 settlement tanks. There is a tub holding salt, and a blue drum of corrosive. The dosing pump takes the corrosive directly into the settlements , which goes through the system to take out the iron & magniese. I would appreciate any help you can give, I'm losing the will to live here!

Water technology installed the system but they are on holiday.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnx3YXRlcnRlY2hub2xvZ3lsaW1pdGVkfGd4OjY5NjRlODhmMTE0MjY1MDg

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnx3YXRlcnRlY2hub2xvZ3lsaW1pdGVkfGd4OjM2YzFiYjExNTBmYjk0OWQ

This link is a bit better ,thanks so much

The good news is that Water Technology in Cork are a reputable company. The bad news is that like many companies they have shut down for the Christmas holidays.

I suggest you look up the golden pages for water treatment contractors in your area and give them a ring tomorrow morning.

Ask around who your neighbours use especially if they are dairy farmers as water is critical to their operation.

Do you get your water tested each year during the service? If so you should dig out the results of the treated and the raw water.

It looks to me that you have a system the removes lime, iron and manganese and also disinfects the water with chlorine.

Back