water only in kitchen cold tap nowhere else-advice needed

R

rarefish

We didn't have any water last night from the mains and it looks like we run down our tank so today at noon we got mains water back in the cold tap in the kitchen but nowhere else - the tank stays empty - no water in toilets and in any other cold or hot taps throughout the house. any idea what it might be? is it an airlock in the tank? any quick advise on what to do would be much appreciated - they'll probably switch off mains again tonight and we are in trouble then...

I've the exact same problem. I've tried forcing the water back - i.e. by turning on the hot and cold taps simultaneously and putting my finger over the tap. Hasn't worked though. Pressure is very low too - have you the same issue. Also DCC only turned water back on at 2.15

Guys if your water pressure is very very low and your storage tanks are high (say in the attic of a two story house) it may be the case that the mains pressure is just too low to lift the water up to the storage tanks. You could check with your neighbors to see if they have the same problem?

I've checked with the neighbours - same issue although the pressure has got a bit better in my house. I think it could be an airlock. Should I be tring to force cold water up through the hot water system in the kitchen or do I try to force col in kitchen through cold in bathroom using a garden hose - i haven't done this but read something similar on another site. I'm a bit lost! Thanks for your help

yes i also tried to force cold water into hot tap earlier to no success. checked with neighbours - same issue for all. it seems to be the pressure issue for us here as Bogle suggested - it improved in the last half hour and we just got water back in all the taps and loos. keeping fingers crossed...

For mains water not reaching the tank its more than likely not an airlock issue, its just low water pressure. People need to be patient and when they do get water, they need to remain conservative with the water.

Back