Water leaking from Gas Boiler

Finn

Hi,

We've be living in our house about a year and the heating has been working fine. Recently we have noticed a small pool of water forming underneath the gas boiler when the heating first comes on. None of the pipes underneath the boiler feel wet so not sure where its coming from. The heating continues to work fine.

Does anybody have any ideas on what could be causing it and is it a cause for concern?

Thanks,
Finn

I had that for a while when we moved in. Its maybe just a pipe joint (if thats what they are called) that need tightening. Thats all it was with ours. Hth

Try taking the cover off the boiler so that you can see the works BEFORE the boiler starts up in the morning. Run your hand round the pipes etc to see if you can feel any water seepage to try to locate the problem.

If this doesn't work, or you're not happy to try it, I suggest you contact a gas fitter to service the boiler.

Good luck

BillK

If your heating system is a closed system it is possible that the cold fill loop may be leaking- perhaps a weeping joint or valve gland.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will have a look at it over the weekend and call out the gas service if necessary. I don't think its condensation as it leaked a small bit yesterday even though the heat was not on at all.

Back