Wasps Nest?

hlm

In the last week we've found a couple of wasps in the kids bedroom. Given the time of year I thought they had long died out at this stage, so I'm a bit concerned as to where they've come in. Do I take it that there is definitely a wasps nest somewhere close to the bedroom? If so do we need an exterminator or can you get some sort of home remedy to kill any remaining ones (if there are any). Obviously my biggest concern is making sure the kids are ok, so I don't want to take any chances. Anybody come across this before in the middle of winter?

In the last week we've found a couple of wasps in the kids bedroom. Given the time of year I thought they had long died out at this stage, so I'm a bit concerned as to where they've come in. Do I take it that there is definitely a wasps nest somewhere close to the bedroom?
No - far from definite if you only found a small number of wasps and no other evidence that there is a nest.

According to [broken link removed], wasps should not be coming out until March. Global warming is changing the cycles, but I very much doubt that they are building nests.

I think you could email the guys mentioned in the link above. They might be interested in seeing wasps in winter.

Brendan

In the last week we've found a couple of wasps in the kids bedroom. Given the time of year I thought they had long died out at this stage, so I'm a bit concerned as to where they've come in. Do I take it that there is definitely a wasps nest somewhere close to the bedroom? If so do we need an exterminator or can you get some sort of home remedy to kill any remaining ones (if there are any). Obviously my biggest concern is making sure the kids are ok, so I don't want to take any chances. Anybody come across this before in the middle of winter?

We found a few wasps late in the season in our house. Last sighting was just before Christmas. They were big fat wasps and were very 'dopey', maybe they were honey bees of some sort. Anyway, my advice is to check the floor of your attic, if there are loads of dead wasps up there, you may have a problem, otherwise it should be ok. Maybe it is global warming.

A couple of years ago we found a few wasps hovering around bathroom window (can't remember what time of year it was). On investigation we discovered nest in the attic. Bought can of wasp eradicator in B&Q(can't rember the name of it) got kitted out and sprayed the stuff. It works. Only problem they must have told their friends and we had a return visit about 2 years later.

Once more we have tried the same process and are now keeping our fingers crossed.

Noticed a few wasps coming out of an unused Air Conditioner this week!
There seem to be a few around still.

Back