Washing machine you can empty into bath- where to find one?

paddi22

We are looking for a clothes washing machine that you can empty into a bath. I have seen some on american websites that look smaller than normal ones, and you can roll them out, fill them with water yourself and then drain the water off into a bath etc. Does anyone know anywhere in ireland that does them. We have looked around and googled but have no luck yet!

you have lost me here ! perhaps a link to what you found on the American website might show us what you are looking for.

If you look at the last ones it's called a Space-saving washer and it seems to fill from a sink water supply

yes, that seems to be it!... i hadn't heard of them before. We don't have access to plumbing so they seem to be fillable by hand.

Any suppliers in Ireland? just trying to google now but none coming up.

yes, that seems to be it!... i hadn't heard of them before. We don't have access to plumbing so they seem to be fillable by hand.

You've obvioulsy never used one. My mother had one and the whole of Monday was spent washing clothes.

You hook a pipe to a tap to fill the washing tub. You then lifted sopping wet clothes over to the other tub to spin them which had a pipe back into the sink.

She didn't know herself when she got an automatic.

now it is a lot clearer. believe or not, back about 30 years ago or more, my uncle had one of these twin tub machines in his flat in Glasgow. i think loads of people had them back then.

You've obvioulsy never used one. My mother had one and the whole of Monday was spent washing clothes.

You hook a pipe to a tap to fill the washing tub. You then lifted sopping wet clothes over to the other tub to spin them which had a pipe back into the sink.

She didn't know herself when she got an automatic.
Exactly my experience too !

I might know which type of machine is being referred to apart from the reference to it being smaller.
Usually people in mainland Europe dont have a washing machine in their kitchen and find it an odd idea. Shower rooms (with toilet) have a connection on the shower plumbing (from the shower taps; their showers are different too being plumbed directly into the central heating) to which a hose is attached leading to the washing machine. Another hose for waste water leaves the machine and is frequently put into the toilet bowl while it operates. All hoses are removable, and installation requires no special skills or a plumber once the bathroom is already plumbed. It works just fine. Irish bathrooms tend to be slightly different. For one thing my bathroom would be too small for one of these machines unless I got rid of my bathtub and installed a stand up shower instead.

The reason that in Irish households you don't have the washing machine in the bathroom is mainly because of regulations regarding electricity - whereas in (most of) Europe there is no problem with having bog-standard electricity sockets in the bathroom.
Never understand why electric installation regulations are IMO a bit OTT here in Ireland.

Back