Washing Machine - Wooden Floor

F

frankieboy

I have just bought a new Bosch washing machine . We have a wooden floor in the kitchen and when the machine spins it vibrates excessively and moves around . The machine is level and installed correctly as far as I can see .
Has anybody else experienced this and how did they fix it ? Unfortunately there is not much room between the worktop and the washing machine .

Yeah it sounds like the transit bolts are still in place allright. See the manual for directions on taking them out.....fairly simple procedure. A wooden floor will have a bit more give in it but the machine shouldn't 'move around'!

Thanks guys , I had taken out the travel bolts alright . I rang up Bosch and apparently I need to screw in a wooden board to the floor underneath the machine and then the machine can be attached to the board using special brackets . The brackets cost €39 from Bosch spare parts . I have ordered them and they will take 5 - 7 working days to deliver .... meanwhile the dirty laundry piles up !!

You learn something new every day, this wouldn't form part of the standard instructions that come with the machine, would they?

Carepenter , no its all new to me as well . The instruction manual is very basic but when I rang Bosch (01 4502655) they were familiar with the problem and what was required . I just thought that other people must have had similar issues to me . I will let ye know how I get on in 5-7 working days !!

I have a Bosch washing machine on a wooden floor, and it hasn't given any problems like that.

Back