Washing Machine Gunge

P

Pookie

Every time I put a wash on at 60degrees all this grey gunge comes out on the clothes and I have to put the clothes on to wash again at a lower temp.

Please help as I wash all my bed linen at 60 degrees ?

Have you tried taking out the drawer & cleaning behind it ? A lot of gungey stuff can build up in there

It may even be the rubber-seal itself deteriorating at higher temperatures if the machine is old or heavily used.

Gunge

I had similar issue [cant say it was on specific temperature wash] but it turned out the filter was overdue a clean

Old fashioned tip - put a cup full of regular white vinegar in the powder tray & run an empty cycle at a medium temperature - it usually gets rid of the gunge & freshens the machine

We had this problem before and rang the Machine manufacturer and their recommendation was to put on the hottest wash possible with maybe just a few teatowels in the machine with no added detergent. The hot water will dissolve all the gunk. They say you should do this every so often because often the detergents do not dissolve fully at the lower temepratures. it does not say that on the box of powder! BTW it works!

every so often i clean my machine with some powder detergent and hottest wash........it advised doing this on booklet that came with machine

A bosch service man told me to put some domestos or milton (very small amount) into the drawer and run the machine empty at a 90 degree cycle, as most modern machines only use the amount of water needed you would also need to pour water into the drawer as the machine starts to run, enough until you can see water slushing around in the bottom of the drum as it goes through the cycle, the rubbers also need a clean every so often. I do this service wash about every 6 months or so.

Again nothing in my instruction booklet about it.

Back