Want to get garden landscaped

shrek

Our garden is a mess...........bought house 10 years ago on 3/4 acre.
Guy that owned the house had Lelandi Trees which were all overgrown we cut down all the trees and got rid of all the shrubs which were never mantained.
We set the lawn ourselves............ and that was it.
neither or us are into gardening.......both work full-time etc and unforunately if my other half had his way he would tarmac the lawn!. We have managed to keep the lawn in an reasonable condition.
Where we live is quite open no shelter at all . We are interested in getting a landscaper to come and take a look at the garden to see what he thinks we would love to have shrubs planted to take the bare look away problem is are we asking for trouble if neither of us like gardening... would shrubs/heathers be easy maintenance...........what we are after I guess is a low maintenance design.
Also if any of you have tips or advise to offer please let us know.
We are willing to spend €3k (budget) not a lot i know but are we crazy to think that we can get a lot done with this as our budget.
Thanks folks

i too am looking to get my garden, an acre which is overgrown, laid as lawn. can anyone give an idea of how much this might cost me? Thanks

If I were you, I'd get out the phone book and look up local garden/landscapers,
Phone and see which ones offer a free estimate/quote...

When they call to see your garden tell them the max amount you have to spend and ask them what they can offer you in a 'low maintenance design' for a budget of 3k.

I agree with Cat101. We are 2 years in our house which is on an open windy site. We made a start on the garden last year,summer, and got lawns done, kerbing. Then last winter got a local landscaper in and got started on the boundry. Got trees shrubs planted as wind break or at least will be once developed. We told him our budget in advance and thats what he worked with. We plan to do more in stages.

If you get a landscaper in, a cheap way of removing any spoil is by grab truck. A lot cheaper than a skip or a roll on roll off. Plus it can load itsel. I used one a while back and he only charged me 270euro plus vat. per load.
The landscaper piled the muck into a giant heap in the front garden/driveway and the grab truck came and loaded it and was gone in 20mins. He took 2 loads away and it worked out a hell of a lot cheaper than a ro-ro.

Back