Want to buy house, but tenants still occupy

Usurper

Hi, I have had my eye on a house in north dublin that is for sale. We havent got to view the house, yet as there are tenants still occupying the house. The EA cant arrange viewings until the property is vacant. From speaking to the EA, the tenants have been given their notice and this period has now expired. They have been looking for alternative accomodation, but I can well believe that affordable houses to rent in dublin are hard to come by.

It is a relatively modern house, so going from the pics on daft.ie, I have bid on the property, matching the asking price. This may seem a bit crazy without seeing inside it, but I know the area, and have seen other houses nearby.
The EA also said that the tenants are immigrants who have been housed in the property by an agency.
Im beginning to think the seller isnt too pushed on selling the house, as Id imagine they could have the house vacant if they really wanted.
What kind of rights would these tenants have to still occupy the house?

Who knows?

The problem is that there are people living in the house that are not the owners. If over holding tenants won't move out voluntarily, the owner will need a Court order to take possession.

Frankly, in this situation, I would move on - this is too uncertain.

mf

Back